1500 calorie bracket meal & snack ideas? Go!

Options
Wanting to get some more meal and snack ideas for those who are doing the 1500 calorie bracket.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Well what do you like eating?

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/eat/recipes/main-dishes/
    The recipes here have the calorie counts and macros
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I find rice cakes to be a great snack. You can also eat a bunch of fresh or steamed vegetables for very little calories.
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1300 - 1600 per day (depending on exercise etc.) I find that I haven't had to specifically do or eat anything special for instance I used the recipe builder to get a calorie count for my usual spaghetti blognaise and it came to 250cal exl. pasta.
    Perhaps try have a peek in other peoples diaries to see what they eat and get inspiration from there... mine should be open so feel free. :)
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, you can take a look as some ideas there. I eat around 1300 a day.
  • ItzShoTime
    ItzShoTime Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Well what do you like eating?
    I've been trying to steer more towards fruits, fish, tofu, veggies
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    vegetables and fat free hummus. Fruit, roasted vegetables, grape tomatoes, really most fruits and vegetables are good. Basically loading up on vegetables and some fruits will make you feel full and be low calorie so you can eat alot.
  • chey365
    chey365 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm open add me. I try for 1500 a day except for the last few days I've went crazy(ignore that).
    Apples and peanuts 1oz
    Greek yogurt
    Plain overnight oats with flaxseed
    Boiled eggs
    Bag of almonds
    Frozen banana and strawberry nice cream (150 calories and perfect when it's hot)
    String cheese and fruit
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1350 and 1500 calories a day which includes two or three planned snacks. My diary is open so feel free to take a look. I've also entered some of my own recipes as I am really watching sodium intake. So I make the modifications, create the recipe, and add it to "My Food" which makes it easier to add to the diary. For me, a snack needs to contain protein and a little fat so that it is more filling and satisfying. Favorite go to's are hard boiled egg; jack cheese stick and olives, or dry roasted edamame. I like almonds but they are a little pricey calorie-wise.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This is what I eat on a typical day.

Breakfast
    2 slices pepperidge farm light bread
    Half an avocado
    2 eggs
    1/4 part skim shredded cheese
    (The bread I use is 45 calories per slice and the eggs are cage free)

Or

1 scoop protein powder
    1c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    8-9 frozen strawberries
    15.6g ground flax seeds
    2Tbsp almond butter
    (Blend for a yummy protein shake)

Lunch
    2 slices of pepperidge farm light bread
    4oz Turkey burger (Season to taste)
    1 slice part skim mozzarella cheese
    1.5c broccoli florets
    3oz Sweet potato

Dinner
    2c baby kale & spinach
    2.5oz Avocado
    0.2 cucumber
    4-5 grape tomatoes
    1/4 part skim shredded cheese
    1 skinless chicken breast (I use perfect portions from walmart)
    Add salad dressing of choice (I use Kraft Olive oil Italian vinaigrette)

You can replace the meat with tofu, although I've never tried it that way. :)
  • Lojo124
    Lojo124 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do alot of spiral meals with chicken ... 1500 cals goes fast lol I'm on the same cal plan it's rough at times . I've even found a few drinks to have for those relaxing weekends .tasty and super clean for an adult beverages! Pm me if ya Want me to go into detaile about meals
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    An English muffin with avocado, egg and salsa is very satisfying and delicious for approximately 300 calories.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My snacks are typically 90 calorie granola bars or 100 calorie popcorn. I also like laughing cow light cheese wedges and string cheese. You can also use the bread and add some peanut butter or almond butter of choice with a banana or jam or jelly that's less in fat than regular ones. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    For me snacks are always some kind of dairy and fruit (usually apple, sometimes berries if I'm having cottage cheese or something). Sometimes it's nuts instead of dairy. The mix of protein/fat/fiber is what keeps me full the longest. It's usually around 200-250 calories.
  • courtneyrm
    courtneyrm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3 meals and 3 snacks per day which breaks down to about two 300 cal meals + one 500 cal meal and three 100 calorie snacks. I'm not a perfect logger but I find this is the easiest way to plan out my diary for the day. Pre-making breakfast sandwiches and freezing them for the week really works for me so i'm not quickly buying or grabbing a muffin at work. Also putting together your breakfast/lunch and snacks the night before and logging them helps me to stay on track.

Good luck!