Pasta

Options
Hi it's my first time weighting on here
We are having chicken bacon and pasta with salad tonight
How much weight in pasta should I have or is best for you?
Thanks xx

Replies

• CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Fill in your food diary before you eat and then you will know how much you can eat (how much fits in with your calorie goal). I have found that eating a lot more salad and meat and a lot less pasta helps!
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you have remaining for the day? It's okay to eat as much pasta as you want - staying within your calorie goal is how you lose weight.

That being said, a 'serving' in the eyes of most of the boxes is 2 ounces uncooked (about one cup cooked).
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can eat what you have room in you calories to accommodate.

only you and your food log know the answer to that.

i eat very little pasta, so when i DO .... i dont worry about it. but i also dont care for pasta, so i dont eat a lot of it to begin with LOL
  • memerodgers
    memerodgers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank u ladies
    I had 200g of cooked pasta with half a breat of chicken and a slice of bacon with half a bowl of garden salad xxx
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Thank u ladies
    I had 200g of cooked pasta with half a breat of chicken and a slice of bacon with half a bowl of garden salad xxx

"Half a breast of chicken" and "half a bowl of garden salad" aren't terribly accurate measurements. I suggest weighing those (and salad dressing, if used) in grams as well.
  • memerodgers
    memerodgers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry yes I weighed the chicken as I'm having the other half of the Breast tomorrow for lunch, because we where on about the pasta and not the chicken I didn't put the weight of it in
    Sorry xx
  • Glitterwinds
    Glitterwinds Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I wish pasta was lower in calories ;(
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I eat pasta or noodles at least every other day and I'm loving it. Eat whatever amount is comfortable for you and that fits your calorie goals!
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just weight the pasta raw. Log it. Easy. I just had pasta, 80g raw. Was awesome! Mmm carbs
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    And Omg u must weigh each thing. Pasta and meat is where the calories are at. If you used oil. Was it skinless chicken. Was bacon fat taken off etc. It all adds up!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    When im not sure about something or its new. i prelog the day and then fiddle around with the logged weight of the item to make it fit my goal.

I weigh out the amount ive logged. If its too much i lower it next time ( i use leftovers for snacks) or if its not enough i know to log more of it next time. (and reduce other things to compensate)

Sometimes i weigh out a portion that id like and take it from there. I have a small appetite so its never usually too much e.g my usual preferred amount of yoghurt is 60g. The suggested serving size is about 100g. I never go by suggested serving sizes though, i judge it myself.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    What frustrates me with pasta is I'm not cooking one serving of pasta, I'm cooking several, for my family. So it's weigh the raw pasta, cook it, weigh the cooked pasta, figure out what % of it I put on my plate - sometimes I cook mine in a separate pan just to make things easier.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Angierae75 wrote: »
    What frustrates me with pasta is I'm not cooking one serving of pasta, I'm cooking several, for my family. So it's weigh the raw pasta, cook it, weigh the cooked pasta, figure out what % of it I put on my plate - sometimes I cook mine in a separate pan just to make things easier.

I have counted out individual cooked noodles for my plate after making a family batch! :blush:
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I usually measure it after cooking. 1/2 cup is a serving.