Need to lose over 100lbs!

Options
I've always been overweight but since having my son 3 years ago my weight has crept right up and I now need to lose around 140lbs. Not decided on my goal weight yet but I know I need to loose a lot. I can normally stick to it for about 2 weeks and then I start eating rubbish again :(
I've also been trying for another baby but nothing has happened for over a year so I believe it's down to my weight!
Would love to have some friends on here that need to lose quite a bit! I would also love to hear some success stories to keep me motivated!
Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• TyyBud
    TyyBud Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I need lose about the same amount, I've been over weight my whole life and last year I start my weight loss but lost track of it but now I'm ready to get on it! I'm sure we can do it!!
  • silvilunazul
    silvilunazul Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I lost about 90 lbs in the course of a year and started maintenance a couple of months ago. Yes, it can be done. It does take a lot of time and effort, but it is more than worth it. Rather than sheer willpower and discipline what you need is to change your environment and get rid of the things and people that hinder your progress. If you change your surroundings it's a lot easier to stick to a plan. Exercise doing things that you enjoy, even if just ten minutes every day and then increase until it becomes part of your life, a habit just like brushing your teeth or eating breakfast. Eat things that you like or you'd never stick to a nutrition plan. Weigh your food, log everything, meet your nutritional needs and figure out what your Total Daily Energy Expenditure is so you can maintain a caloric deficit and lose relatively steadily. You have probably heard a thousand times that this is a lifestyle change. Yes, and what that means is that you reinvent yourself and your life completely, permanently. So you have to want it badly enough. Good luck!