Over 40 in menopause and heavily gain weight.

Options
I'm at 200lbs and borderline for take meds for high blood pressure. Anyone gain weigh due to hysterectomy and menopause.

Replies

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I had a hyster at 28, still kept the ovaries though....whilst the op. itself did a number on me no I didn't gain weight.

Hit 40 on the knocker and plummeted straight into menopause....I was heavy anyway by this stage, weight gain through meds., overeating and metabolic changes from the meds. Looking back I thought that it was all inevitable and weight gain was something that I would be burdened with all my life. I even had several family members and friends telling me ALL their horror stories of the impossibility of weight loss....they were wrong.

At 48, by this time at my heaviest of 278 lbs I realized I had had enough of the pain, immobility and not being able to see my toes. I stopped a lot of the meds. that increased my appetite and pulled myself into line with looking very hard at how much I was eating.

Got into walking in a big way. Finally hit the point of finding MFP and low and behold the 'magic' of CI-CO.....I'm 53 now and been maintaining a 168 lb loss for 3 years. I am now very sedentary due to illness and yet still the above math works and I haven't gained weight despite being on long term steroids and other meds. notorious for weight gain.

It isn't inevitable. Age, circumstances can all be worked out, factored in and tailor made for you and you will lose weight. Put in your stats., meticulously log the foods etc that you consume, exercise for your health and joy and watch it come off.

Good luck.
  • rhayes41042
    rhayes41042 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had my hyster at age 39. I still have my ovaries. Thank you so much in sharing your story.