2.5 years, 173.4 pounds lost--goal reached! (with pics)

Options
corbinskiii
corbinskiii Posts: 135 Member
After 2.5 years of hard work, it feels surreal (and a little scary) to be typing this post that I've dreamed of typing since I came here in early 2014 desperately seeking inspiration and motivation for life change. I reached (accidentally overshot) my goal!!!!! I weighed nearly 330 pounds and knew that getting my weight under control had to happen now. I was depressed, tired, sweaty, and rapidly losing the ability to perform everyday tasks. I spent a few days doing research on diets and what I thought might be a good fit for me and arrived at calorie counting. 931 days ago I started weighing and logging my food accurately and never looked back. I've made some of my dearest friends along the way who started as complete strangers who offered me support and vice versa during good times and times of struggle.

324-330 lb
b14mrlsgkpx4.jpg
75x600m2b6he.jpg

I had lost about 70 pounds at this point and my friend snapped this photo, it upset me so much. When you have a lot of weight to lose, it can be difficult and discouraging to see your progress. I just kept trusting the scale and tape measure and eating my brussel sprouts.
pu73p9bbfbi1.jpg

fcnz2n2ssyp6.jpg
gm5mouoq5llp.jpg
tbi27qpaz0rn.jpg
42ykh2a7ctac.jpg
z48dh9wageac.jpg

I can't put into words how good it feels to buy clothes based on style (from any store!!) and not based on 'does it fit?' or not worrying about fitting into a booth in a restaurant, or if that chair looks sturdy enough to sit on.
I've been a binge/stress eater my whole life and was pre-diabetic and super morbidly obese. As a hospital worker--I knew that I didn't want to suffer from and eventually die from preventable disease.

I went from a size 4x top/ size 28 pants to a small/medium top/size 8 pants. Anyone can do this. Just be patient and be kind to yourself and stick to your plan. Some days are easier than others.

I'm an open book and happy to answer any questions, feel free to reach out with any questions. You can also get me on instagram, I'm going to be posting a lot of recipes and food stuff :-)
www.instagram.com/corbinskiii

Replies

• PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Such an inspiration!
  • wallingf
    wallingf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!!! Congratulations to you! As I'm sure you know, your journey has not ended. It's now entered that next phase called "maintenance". Sounds like you are really ready for it!
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!
  • thesuperbees
    thesuperbees Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic,! :-)
  • Saskwatch99
    Saskwatch99 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    OMG! Congrats! You look great.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    In-credible. You look wonderful.
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your journey and success!
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! Congratulations on your new body and life style.
  • cat_phillips
    cat_phillips Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look A M A Z I N G!! Congratulations on all of your hard work, determination, and never giving up :-).
  • Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your journey is inspiring!
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • weesa7
    weesa7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Well done! :)
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Wow...just....wow!
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Simply beyond incredible; congratulations!
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment!!!!
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow. So inspiring. Posts like this keep me going! Thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!