I'm new and in need of some support!!

Options
Hey everyone!
So I am new and trying to get started on losing some weight!!! I am 4'11 and currently 158 lbs. YIKKKEEES!! :( I was super athletic in high school so my doctor says a lot of it is muscle and my bone structure. She has never told me that I needed to lose a lot of weight because she knows how active I am. However, that number doesn't sit so well with me and I have gained 20lbs since high school. I am pretty active and I work out 3-4 times a week for at least an hour. My food is what needs to change. I LOVE running and working out.....but I still feel overweight ...and really for my height, I feel that something needs to be done. Everyone tells me that I look fine and I do not look 158, but this always puts me on a teeter totter with what I actually want regarding if I need to lose some weight. I am starting to realize that losing weight is not for other people, it is for myself!!! So here we go!!!! I would like some friends to help motivate me!!!

Replies

• fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined MFP myself last week and I'm loving it! Love the app that I have on my phone - allows me to track my food easily! Happy to join in on the journey with you! Friend me if you'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • cpauscher
    cpauscher Posts: 41
    Options
    Congratulations for taking this first step. I'm happy for you. There is so much support on this website. Everyone is so helpful. I have noticed that when you are muscular you do weigh more, since muscle weighs more than fat. It always helps to have a healthy diet as well as the workouts.

If you would like to add me as a friend, feel free to do so. We can support each other.
  • mandandnic
    Options
    I am new too..... This is a great tool to help you really see what your actually eating and makes you think twice about actually eating it. Your goals are within reach and in not time you will be at them. Work hard and stay focused....

Friend me if you like and I will support you all the way....

Nikki :bigsmile:
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I have been on MFP for a while now and I am at my goal weight. I say I'm 5 foot sometimes 5' 11" on a good day lol..but I don't think I'm even that tall for real! Hehe.. I am now working on toneing everything up and building muscle. I'm always on the look out for new friends. I log every single day even if I don't finish my diary that day I at least log some of it. Send me a friend request and I will be more than happy to help you out with any questions you have and lend any support you need and again welcome to the site!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LisaStanley500
    LisaStanley500 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new & frustrated! Am a 34 year old married mother of 2 boys. Had a near fatal wreck last July 1 that included a LONG recovery & over 20 pounds. Feeling recovered & somewhat back to normal, so time to get back to "my" weight. I am 5'6" and am usually happy around 140pounds. Am currently @ 158. (and stuck!) My first week using MFP I dropped 5 pounds & was THRILLED! This week however, I didn't loose any. 1200 calories a day is what I'm on. I am on medications for PTSD & endomitriosis. Really want to blame the meds for the weight gain, but pretty sure it was all the snacking & huge portions...
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    welcome! i just started here myself and totally love the support from people! i am sending you a friend request :) i check in constantly during the day and have the app on my iphone so if you ever need anything send me a message :)
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    welcome! i just started here myself and totally love the support from people! i am sending you a friend request :) i check in constantly during the day and have the app on my iphone so if you ever need anything send me a message :)
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congrats on joining the site! I've only been a part of it for a few weeks but I'm loving it! I feel exactly the same way- all my friends and family say I don't look like I weigh as much as I do but carrying your weight well doesn't make YOU feel any better on a daily basis. Would love to be friends on here and offer some support! :)
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I have been on MFP for a while now and I am at my goal weight. I say I'm 5 foot sometimes 5' 11" on a good day lol..but I don't think I'm even that tall for real! Hehe.. I am now working on toneing everything up and building muscle. I'm always on the look out for new friends. I log every single day even if I don't finish my diary that day I at least log some of it. Send me a friend request and I will be more than happy to help you out with any questions you have and lend any support you need and again welcome to the site!!! :flowerforyou:

I just looked at my post and realized I wrote it ALL wrong! Duhh...it should say I am 4' 11" sometimes 5' on a good day. LOL I'm losing it today!