Handicapped guy, 9 months lifting progress.

Options

Replies

• ssmartgirl765
    ssmartgirl765 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    About 4 years ago I lost 86 lbs. Well, 9 months ago I started lifting things up and putting them back down. Because I wanted to be lean and mean in addition to being healthy.

I got knocked off my game for about a month because of brain surgery + recovery, but I'm catching up to where I left off.

I'm now down to 126 lbs as of this past Wednesday.

Well, seems to be working. 3trcevkoqa2k.jpeg
    u7jhy17g3728.jpeg

you look great.... U are an inspration to alot of people including me
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • spolk47
    spolk47 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Handi- CAPABLE is what I'd call you. DANG! That is some great definition.
  • corbinskiii
    corbinskiii Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awesome work.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Super effort! You look awesome!
  • baLancedLif3
    baLancedLif3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your hard work has paid off! You look terrific!
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It can be done. Well done brother.
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look great, fantastic job. Well done x
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Wonderful job!
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations on your health and your success! Well done!
  • sammispatz92
    sammispatz92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Damn! Lookin good. You should be proud of yourself. It's truly sexy to see a handicapped dude making no excuses, when there are so many people who find a reason not to work out and eat right. Super motivating!! Keep killin it!
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It's great to see another disabled person not make excuses and work out to improve their health. I have a birth defect that affects my legs, so I have to walk on crutches. I hit the gym about 3 times a week. Don't look as good as you yet, but I'm working on it.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @SmartAlec03211988 Are you following a particular program? You look fantastic!
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    kICKASS DUDE!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    @SmartAlec03211988 Are you following a particular program? You look fantastic!
    I do this, plus seated upper body Tabata, and a minimum of 5 miles wheeling at 8 minutes per mile 4x a week.

1260x8cy3g29.png

• SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    It's great to see another disabled person not make excuses and work out to improve their health. I have a birth defect that affects my legs, so I have to walk on crutches. I hit the gym about 3 times a week. Don't look as good as you yet, but I'm working on it.
    Birth defect here too, Spina Bifida Myelomeningocele.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    Damn! Lookin good. You should be proud of yourself. It's truly sexy to see a handicapped dude making no excuses, when there are so many people who find a reason not to work out and eat right. Super motivating!! Keep killin it!
    I've inadvertently made a lot of able bodied people feel bad because of the excuses they make, when I workout 6 days a week and eat right.

I guess it puts things in perspective when you see somebody who has hardships just getting it done day in day out, not allowing it to hold you back from being the best you could be.

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've inadvertently made a lot of able bodied people feel bad because of the excuses they make, when I workout 6 days a week and eat right.

I guess it puts things in perspective when you see somebody who has hardships just getting it done day in day out, not allowing it to hold you back from being the best you could be.

Hell yes! Thank you for doing so.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!