DRINKS. Fat Loss Question... Pwrde 0?

justingregorio9
justingregorio9 Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I am currently eating pretty lean and I try to drink only water but sometimes I drink Powerade zero. Does the sucralose in it cause weight gain or a puffy face or anything? I don't want to be negatively effecting myself without even knowing it. Thanks a lot.

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    No, sucralose is safe and shouldn't cause any side effects. Matter of fact, it's one of the only artificial sweeteners which doesn't even contribute to tooth decay.
  • justingregorio9
    Ok I read a couple things that said opposite, I just want to be sure ya know? Is there a limit to how much should be consumed?
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Some people are allergic or sensitive to artificial sweeteners and the consumption of it can cause some physical symptoms. As far as I know the symptoms are things like migraines, upset stomach, nausea. If you have experienced negative symptoms it would be a good idea to speak to your physician and get checked out. If you feel fine while consuming the sweetener you should be safe to continue to use it.
  • justingregorio9
    Thanks a lot. I just wanted to make sure my face or my body wasn't gaining weight from it. ;)
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Artificial sweeteners tend to make me hungrier. Also im concerned about thier effect on my microbiome/ gut bacteria.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Artificial sweeteners tend to make me hungrier. Also im concerned about thier effect on my microbiome/ gut bacteria.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1

You may find the above thread helpful. Aaron touches on that (especially, the last several pages).

OP, as stated, they are safe as long as they don't cause you headaches or nausea.