Hi All!

Options
Good morning, I have been on the 5:2 diet now since March 2013 and I truly love it! I am a culinary arts major and am surrounded by food all day, but it becomes a turn-off and you don't eat all the time and God help you, if you even HAVE time to eat. We are so busy from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The school keeps the same environment as a working restaurant and actually, it is because we prepare and cook gourmet meals that sell to diners in the front of the house or restaurant section. It is run authentically.

Anyway, I'm so happy to join because I would love to have people in my corner who want to be healthy and fit. The people I know live in denial and swear they want to lose weight and exercise, but never do and I think I turn them off with my progress.

So far, my husband and I have lost over 10 lbs. since March and are going to keep at the program.

Replies

• ijohn001
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me...

i log everything, have an open diary and log in everyday...

most people find me funny and inspirational... if you can't handle a good laugh or some random inspiration, then i offer you a 10-day, no questions asked refund.

:-)
  • etherial1
    etherial1 Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    That program was a bust for us. I only lost 14 lbs in a whole darn year! My husband lost 20. I just wasn't comfortable NOT eating in a 24 hour period, so we went low carb. We lost weight with low carb, but then switched to low carb/high fat. Both plans are great healthwise because my indigestion & heartburn stopped, and I stopped itching.

Anyway, our weight loss stabilized on lchf, and I went from size 14 to size 8-10. We haven't seen any further weight loss. We were just maintaining, which is why I started researching a new and beneficial eating plan for us. I found the 16:8 IF program and bought the ebook. This guy sounds okay, but he claims you can eat anything 2x a day. You cannot eat just anything and lose weight. I should have researched him more because he's not getting good reviews. He is the former editor-in-chief of Men's Health magazine. I wonder why he's not anymore. Anyway, I did his program for a few weeks, but only lost 3 lbs. (which I quickly gained back), but noticed I wasn't hungry after my first meal of the day (brunch), but still ate dinner. This didn't make sense to me. Why eat, if I'm not hungry? This epiphany is when found the OMAD plan.

It was a little mental struggle for the first two days, but I pulled through. This is day three and it feels normal NOT to be hungry in the morning or in the afternoon. I notice I get hungry when it's time for dinner and I'm ready then. I can have my glass of wine while I prep dinner and a glass while I'm eating my dinner. Maybe it's my imagination, but my lower abs were flatter on my second day.

I'm still ketogenic, which means I eat a moderate amount of protein, not a lot like the Atkins program and I keep my fats on a higher scale. I use butter, olive oil, coconut oil, and avocados. I love making my gravies with avocados, instead of flour. It makes the best creamy gravies.

I eat mashed cauliflower, instead of potatoes, and shirataki noodles (fried hard) instead of pasta. I even have the noodles and shirataki rice on auto-ship from Amazon. I make low carb puddings and desserts and cakes. I was a professional cook, but went back into corporate for the money. There's no money in cooking professionally, unless you're on tv and no one was calling my butt! No worries; I volunteer my services and I love cooking for family and friends.

Anyway, that's part of my story and I'm going to keep experimenting. I may have found my magic.