Best meal replacement and protein shakes.

Options
What do you guys think are some of the best quality and filling both protein and meal replacement shakes and or bars?

Can I substitute 2 meals per day with them and still meet my nutritional goals each day and lose weight?

Replies

• ejb499
    ejb499 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I really dig the Kirkland Signature protein bars. They are a lot like quest bars but much much less expensive. You can get them at Costco. I don't drink protein shakes anymore but I did when I was just starting out and I liked premier protein. Pretty filling, high protein-low sugar and tasted better than most IMO
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    The problem with these plans is they never teach a person how to cook healthy foods for a lifetime.
    As soon as the diet is over, old habits come back.
    * Diets don't work.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible (sort of), but why do you want to replace meals? Doesn't food appeal to you?
  • mexskinoi
    mexskinoi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Daily intake
    Pills:Vitamins, Omegas
    Protein Syntha 6 50g protein
    5mg BCAA, 5mg glutamine, 5mg creatine and 5mg fiber
    Workout
    Protein Whey 50g protein
    5mg BCAA, 5mg glutamine, 5mg creatine and 5mg fiber
    Breakfast
    Fruit like a banana
    Oatmeal
    Snack
    Almonds
    Lunch
    A Fit Meal, we'll balanced and portioned.
    Avocado or equaless
    Snack
    Blueberries
    Dinner
    A Fit Meal, we'll balanced and portioned.
    Protein casein 50g protein
    All together between 2300 and 3000 calories a day.

What are your opinions?
    Weight loss?
    Muscle build?

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can do that, but why? I wouldn't enjoy it. You can check my diary for other ideas if you like. :)
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I don't have much experience with meal replacement shakes, but for me a higher protein diet definitely keeps my hunger in check and thus me in control of my food options. Great ways to sneak protein in: greek yogurt, cottage cheese, PB2, MEAT...my diary is open and I'm currently in a cut (so low calorie). If you are absolutely looking to shake it up: make your own and throw your shaker bottle in the freezer the night before and grab and go in the morning: frozen blueberries/raspberries, vanilla greek yogurt, ice, spinach, (ANY protein supplement)...blend. You are going to get way more protein/bang for your buck by making your own...and the options are endless!