Dumbbells

Options
kyuui13
kyuui13 Posts: 36 Member
I have a question. How do I log in mfp a 2 pound dumbbell that I use at home?

Replies

• Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Do you do anything with it?
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt log it.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    use for what? paperweight?
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    What are you doing with the dumbbell?

That may mean more to the expenditure of calories burned than the 2 lb dumbbell itself.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If you look under cardio there's a strength option but I'd be careful about overestimating the expenditure as it is a 2lb dumbbell (hey, we all start somewhere).

How long are you working out? What exercises are you doing?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    use for what? paperweight?

are you bored?

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    kyuui13 wrote: »
    I have a question. How do I log in mfp a 2 pound dumbbell that I use at home?

you need to give more details of what workout you did
  • kyuui13
    kyuui13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to explain it but I'm just lifting with it for about 10 minutes to start.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    You're probably not burning much, my purse weighs more than 2 pounds.
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I would put it under strength training with whatever exercise I was doing, i.e., biceps curls, shoulder press, etc.
  • JTD2803
    JTD2803 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good job girl you gotta start some where! Keep it up add more weight each week as you get stronger. You may want to try a 5 lb weight next week. I normally do not log weight lifting. :)
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, lifting weights (even much heavier weights) does not burn many calories. But it is helpful in preserving muscle while losing weight if you're lifting heavy enough.
    A 10-minute weight session with a 2-lb weight honestly probably only burns about 20 calories, so it's not even worth logging. keep it up, and keep increasing your weight/duration.
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the others. Keep going and results will eventually begin to show. Body wise and your requirement to use a heavier weight.

Like what's already been stated, it's not possible to help answer your question without knowing more.

Big difference in what you may burn doing a series of step ups with a dumbbell versus sitting in a chair doing a bicep curl.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Bottom of Daily Diary- Exercise- Add Exercise- Cardio-Strength Training- Time