Anyone with binge eating disorder??!

Options
Hey everyone,

Long story short I've lost in 120 lbs over 5 years and kept it off with a fluctuations here and there. Now I've gained 20 and I'm so obsessed with food I'm compulsively eating Neal after meals and under extreme stress in general.i got hooked on phentermine for a year and messed up my metabolism as well ns got off it thats how i gained the 20 lbs ;( anyone suffer the same?? I really don't wanna gain all this weight back ....any tips? Any encouragement? Could my doctor help in any way do you think??

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on here recommend the book Brain over Binge. It is interesting.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Also anything by Geneen Roth.

I know where you are coming from. I am there too. :( *hugs*
  • rsanchez920
    rsanchez920 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank u all I will look into it!
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »

Jen, when you say you are there too, do you mean with bingeing? I think hormones can sometimes play a role (i.e. PMS, menopause, perimenopause). Some days are definitely harder than others.

• leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Long story short I've lost in 120 lbs over 5 years and kept it off with a fluctuations here and there. Now I've gained 20 and I'm so obsessed with food I'm compulsively eating Neal after meals and under extreme stress in general.i got hooked on phentermine for a year and messed up my metabolism as well ns got off it thats how i gained the 20 lbs ;( anyone suffer the same?? I really don't wanna gain all this weight back ....any tips? Any encouragement? Could my doctor help in any way do you think??

Did you take phentermine for 5 years?
  • rsanchez920
    rsanchez920 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No i took it only for the last year almost and ever since I havnt been able to lose. I lost the first 100 lb old fashioned way mainly by compulsive exercising but now I have back injury so exercise is rare
  • CoachJen71
    edited July 2016
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »

Jen, when you say you are there too, do you mean with bingeing? I think hormones can sometimes play a role (i.e. PMS, menopause, perimenopause). Some days are definitely harder than others.

Yes to the bingeing and the hormones. Also emotional stuff triggers my compulsive eating and bingeing. I have it categorized by levels thusly: I have a whiny inner toddler who wants it now, now, now! I have Gollum 1, who is all about my precious that everyone else wants. Sneaky hobbitses! And then there's Gollum 2, who snatches fish from the water and tears their head off in one bite.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options

Yes to the bingeing and the hormones. Also emotional stuff triggers my compulsive eating and bingeing. I have it categorized by levels thusly: I have a whiny inner toddler who wants it now, now, now! I have Gollum 1, who is all about my precious that everyone else wants. Sneaky hobbitses! And then there's Gollum 2, who snatches fish from the water and tears their head off in one bite.

Oh how I love this. Thank you so much for posting!
  • CoachJen71
    edited July 2016
    Options

Oh how I love this. Thank you so much for posting!

You are very welcome! I think it helps noncompulsive people understand a little better what we go through. It seems so easy to them to just walk away. They don't know what that magnetic pull is like for us, or all the anguish that accompanies it. :(
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

{{Lol}} I've experienced Gollum 2 and bought pickled herring to eat. I do feel sometimes like I could literally grab them from the water and bite. Protein. Must HAVE!
  • amcap4806
    amcap4806 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I binge eat also.. and sometimes binge eat even when I am not hungry. its super frustrating. I was at one point 300 pounds . went down to 190 and now back up to 240. Self Sabotage is a huge issue for me.
  • kmillette15
    kmillette15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have struggle with binge eating one of the things I found to help me the most is to tell myself not now maybe later so I'm not denying it and telling myself no but pushing it off and then when later comes you do the same thing when I feel like I absolutely need to bend and snack I try and grab things that are healthy like fruit vegetables I really like almonds because they boost metabolism and burn fat so I may be snacking but I'm burning fat at the same time and always always ask yourself why am I eating am I hungry or am I just bored takes a lot of willpower but I know you can do it your determination and need for results has to be stronger
  • amcap4806
    amcap4806 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    the binge / stress eating is horrible. Something that really i am sure is a problem for so many people. that's a good suggestion to try saying maybe later. One issue for me is at my job i sit all day long.. so its even more important for me to eat the right thing.