ISO: "Over 40" Accountability Friends

Options
Hi!
I'll be turning 45 years old this October. I am a wife and a mother to two young girls. I homeschool our girls and I am back in school myself to obtain my bachelor degree in nursing.
I have been in and out of the fitness world for the last 20 years. I'm making one last go at finally achieving the physique and total package I've always wanted.
I'm finding that getting back into shape is even more challenging at this age and with peri-menopause in full effect. But I refuse to give up or give in. I begin working with an online trainer next week. This is my first attempt at using MFP consistently and as an accountability tool.
I would love to add any ladies in the "over 40" category who are like-minded and who love lifting.
Actually, I'd like to add anyone to my friends list who is positive, uplifting, and shares similar goals.
Cheers to all of us trying to do better! ❤️

Replies

• angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome !! I'm certainly in the group. 48 here. Always looking for friends. I'm not a lifter but have in the past in the gym. Add me if you'd like.
  • cindylynnb2016
    cindylynnb2016 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and metabolism is not what it used to be so I have to work harder. Welcome and we can do this!
  • susanfrancis40
    susanfrancis40 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    44 next week and also a nurse. Add me if you would like :)
  • CeliaSea
    CeliaSea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 40, mom of nine. I used to homeschool the kids, but I fired myself. ;)
  • Cin456
    Cin456 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 57. Please add me!
  • kendrickmarisha
    kendrickmarisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 43. Also a nurse and very determined
    Please add me
  • bchgrl801
    bchgrl801 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and peri-menopausal. Please add me
  • JenniferWaters2
    JenniferWaters2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 46, I'm not a lifter yet, but joined planet fitness add me, it would be nice to have friends in same age group as our struggles are different than younger years..
  • katmed23
    katmed23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    43 yr old mom of 3 young girls, please add me too- I am positive we can all achieve our goals if we stick together!
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am 42, mother of one and considering unschooling/homeschooling my 3yo. I want to lose while she still has a nap time! I am also having symptoms of perimenopause. Add me if you'd like.
  • littleberriesinbarrie
    littleberriesinbarrie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and determined to lose the 10+ lbs I gained in the last year and a half after a hernia surgery and get back into all my clothes! I don't know how to add friends, can't seem to find that option, but feel free to add me. I'm training 5 days a week right now and loving it!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Added a bunch of you, feel free to add me!

I'm to close to 45 to feel this old!!!
    35 lbs to go.
    Need all the support I can get!
    Thanks
  • lilanglica
    lilanglica Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 went through a rough time last year with the start of menopause, gained 25 lbs. I am determined to start working out again and get in shape. I joined a few years ago but didn't really use it. Feel free to add me to your list.
  • DrGM42
    DrGM42 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and a mom of two girls. I have 35 lbs to get to my current goal. I don't lift yet, but I want to get started. Right now, I fitness walk every night. I need all the support I can get. Sent you a friend request.
  • trigrl247
    trigrl247 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 47 and a nurse as well. Everyone please feel free to add me. (:
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Will be 44 in October, also a mother of 2 and have 2 step daughters. I wouldn't call myself a lifter. But I am lifting to try to help define and build muscle. I am a positive person and I log everyday. I love to motivate others but also want it in return. I would love to have more supportive and active friends. Anyone is welcome to send a request.