Post Workout

Just curious as to the best post-workout food for losing weight. Not trying to bulk up. I've heard carbs and I've heard protein. Which is it? Or is it both? I'm rarely hungry after a workout and want to somthing light and effective.

Replies

• Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Really depends on what you are doing for a workout.
  • teracallaway1
    teracallaway1 Posts: 51 Member
    i always go for chocolate milk
  • myshell67
    myshell67 Posts: 64 Member
    i do my workout first thing in the morning, before i eat breakfast, so when i'm done i have a bowl of oatmeal. not sure if this is right, but it's what i've been doing.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Really depends on what you are doing for a workout.

Three times per week it's strength training followed by 20 minutes fo cardio. Other days are cardio only.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I drink a protein shake right after I workout (whether it is cardio, strength or a combo of both).
    2112540 Posts: 71
    I'm interested in this! I have heard you need fruit post workout to get your blood sugar back up. Is it bad to not eat at all before a workout?
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Muscle milk is great after a workout. It comes in may different flavors (chocolate is my favorite). It comes in light (100 calories for 8 oz) and you can choose how much protein you want to consume. Taste like a shake and is FABULOUS for recovery!
  • chevy88grl
    I'm interested in this! I have heard you need fruit post workout to get your blood sugar back up. Is it bad to not eat at all before a workout?

I never eat right before I workout - simply because I don't want to vomit. I've done fine with it. However, some people have to eat beforehand or they'll feel dizzy and light headed.
  • chevy88grl
    Muscle milk is great after a workout. It comes in may different flavors (chocolate is my favorite). It comes in light (100 calories for 8 oz) and you can choose how much protein you want to consume. Taste like a shake and is FABULOUS for recovery!

MM is my fave. I love banana and cream. Delish!
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member

I never eat right before I workout - simply because I don't want to vomit. I've done fine with it. However, some people have to eat beforehand or they'll feel dizzy and light headed.

I always eat a small, low calorie carb before a workout. The one time I didn't my blood sugar plummeted and I almost passed out (no, I'm not diabetic, either)

We have some MM lights in the fridge. I had a trainer one time tell me not to have MM, specifically, but they do taste good! Perhaps I'll try it again.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    I have a protein shake right after and 2 PB&J sandwiches 30 minutes later (I do 30+ mins of cardio daily).