Slimming down hips & thighs

Options
Hi All

Been using MFP for over a year now, started at 71kg and prior to a holiday in France last week I was at 61.9kg.

I am turning 30 in 6 weeks and although I am happy with my progress I still have a lot of fat and wiggly bits over my thighs and hips.

I'm 5ft 5 and have an hourglass figure, while I can look slim on top (minus big boobs) and I think my shape looks good when in my gym leggings. As soon as I take them off my saddlebags, love handles and bum pop out.

I am going to Italy to celebrate my birthday and I want to feel better about my body in a bikini. I'm not focused on weight at all I just use it as a guide, my main focus is the mirror.

A normal day of food consists of:

Weight watchers granary toast X 2 with a banana
Salad with chicken, tuna or prawns with avocado and balsamic
Popcorn
Dinner varies between meat/fish with salad or vegetables.
Yoghurt with mango or pineapple with 1 tsp of honey

At the weekend I will normally have alcoholic but have been sticking to prosecco and gin & slim. I try to be as good as I can but have the occasional slip.

Mon - run home which is 7k
Tues - body attack
Wed - body pump
Thurs - walk to my French class which is about 5k
Fri - rest or body pump
Sat/sun atleast one day in gym with cardio & weights

Any tips on diet or exercise that will help me beat the flab and give me a shapely but smaller/tighter lower half (in 6 weeks) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Nic

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Just keep doing what you're doing and the weight will come off where it wants. If you're pear shaped though you'll lose less on your bottom half.
  • nicolatoner86
    nicolatoner86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know that you can't target specific areas (damn!) but just looking for hints and tips on getting a leaner, tighter body.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I know that you can't target specific areas (damn!) but just looking for hints and tips on getting a leaner, tighter body.

Calorie deficit, resistance training. You're doing it!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Getting leaner means losing fat. That's why @TavistockToad said you can't spot reduce. You want slimmer hips/thighs so you'll need to lose overall fat. Considering your height/weight, you'd be fortunate to lose 3 pounds of fat in the next 6 weeks. Even starting a heavy lifting program is unlikely to make a big visual difference in 6 weeks.
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just curious, TavistockToad....Are you from Tavistock in Devon? And What the others say is very true. No spot reducing. Jsut keep count calories and focus on losing overall body fat. :)
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    bakemma wrote: »
    Just curious, TavistockToad....Are you from Tavistock in Devon? And What the others say is very true. No spot reducing. Jsut keep count calories and focus on losing overall body fat. :)

No, I just used to live on Tavistock Close
  • MFPUser42354
    MFPUser42354 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great idea to cut out alcohol at this time. That's a simple pain free way to remove calories. Regarding exercise, try to constantly change your workouts works. Because that prevents your body from adapting to any routine and forces it to respond by adding lean muscle and burning off unwanted pounds.