Guacamole recipe?

Options
Patspoppet
Patspoppet Posts: 3 Member
Hello everyone I'm looking for a guacamole recipe that has a lot of flavor and doesn't have a lot of calories. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to cut the calories, you can use peas to add more bulk.
    Pea and Avocado Guacamole
  • Patspoppet
    Patspoppet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Avocado
    Tomato
    Onion
    Cilantro
    Salt
    Pepper
    Fresh squeezed lime
    (Best ever)
  • christinem5678
    christinem5678 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Most recipes call for sour cream try substituting it for greek yogurt. You'll still get the same creamy texture and tang as adding sour cream but it cuts calories and high in protien.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Avocado
    Tomato
    Onion
    Cilantro
    Salt
    Pepper
    Fresh squeezed lime
    (Best ever)

This is mine. Except k add jalapeño.

Chop the onions and squeeze the lime juice over them while you prep the rest of the ingredients. I think my original recipe called for 2 tablespoons but I don't add that mich. I'm not a fan of raw onions.
    Then I chop the tomatoes and jalapeño (leave seeds for heat or omit). Mash up two avocado and then I just add the rest to taste. And salt.

My original recipe didn't call for cilantro but after taste tests we've agreed it is better with.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    3 avocados
    1/4 cup salsa of your choice
    cilantro chopped
    squeeze of fresh lime
    mash it with a fork and go to town!!
    *If you blend 1 avocado really smooth then add the other two it gets a really nice chunky texture =)
  • BreannaB823
    BreannaB823 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have the best guacamole recipe ever! Now if I ever buy guacamole from a store it just does not compare.plus It requires almost nothing.
    1)Start out my mashing avocado into bowl
    2)add about a teaspoon of low fat sour cream
    3) next step you can use fresh onions or onion powder(which I prefer) and toss in
    4) add as much salt or pepper needed

It seems simple but it is AMAZING:)
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Avocado, cilantro, diced onions, diced tomato, dash of hot sauce, and a sprinkle of garlic powder.
  • kmidash
    kmidash Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've used pureed shelled edamame (Cooked/steamed cooled) at a cup to cup for avocado ratio, I do increase the herbs and spices- lime & cilantro is the key for me.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    So many great recipes!
    How long does your guac recipes usually keep in the fridge? My boyfriend is away for an internship so it's just me in the house for another two weeks, and I'm hoping to find a recipe that will keep a few days!