Biggest Loser

Options
Hello, I was just going to share with everyone, what my family and friends have done to give us (more) motivation to get healthy and fit. We all have a contest for 12 weeks and everyone adds 10 dollars to the kitty to start off. Every Saturday we weigh in and based on body fat percentage lost at the end, the winner gets all the kitty money. What we do is, when we weigh in every Saturday everyone has to put a dollar in the kitty no matter what you have done that week, but if you gain weight for that week you have to put 5 dollars in the kitty. We end up with like 400 dollars or around about by the time the contest is finished. Then we take off for like two weeks, and when we start up again we weigh in and if you have gained any weight since your last weigh in two weeks prior you have to pay the entry fee of 10 dollars again, and if you maintain...your entry fee for that session is simply free. Look at it this way either way if you loose weight you win, but if you do win the cash...that is quite some cash for that new shopping spree that you owe to yourself for a job well done! This is my first time doing it with them...I am curently in second place loosing 6 lbs...And I have never felt better! Just a tip

Replies

• tinabowl1
    Options
    Hello, I was just going to share with everyone, what my family and friends have done to give us (more) motivation to get healthy and fit. We all have a contest for 12 weeks and everyone adds 10 dollars to the kitty to start off. Every Saturday we weigh in and based on body fat percentage lost at the end, the winner gets all the kitty money. What we do is, when we weigh in every Saturday everyone has to put a dollar in the kitty no matter what you have done that week, but if you gain weight for that week you have to put 5 dollars in the kitty. We end up with like 400 dollars or around about by the time the contest is finished. Then we take off for like two weeks, and when we start up again we weigh in and if you have gained any weight since your last weigh in two weeks prior you have to pay the entry fee of 10 dollars again, and if you maintain...your entry fee for that session is simply free. Look at it this way either way if you loose weight you win, but if you do win the cash...that is quite some cash for that new shopping spree that you owe to yourself for a job well done! This is my first time doing it with them...I am curently in second place loosing 6 lbs...And I have never felt better! Just a tip
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! Only thing that sucks for me is I am no where near family. That would even be a great thing to do at work or with friends. I would like to win $400 to buy some new clothes! I have some friends of mine that are all working out in different states we shuold think of something like that do to with each other.
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    That is a great idea and quite the motivator. Good luck.