chilli's

Options
Hey everyone I worked out today and burned my usual 500 calories.I am going out to eat with my sister to chilli's.Were gonna get chips and salsa and split them but not get them to go this time well im not anyways lol and were gonna get the margarita grilled chicken and fries since neither of us like rice but were splitting 1 meal , do you think since im eating half of a portion of it that will not hurt me that bad since im working out the rest of the week?Any input on this is very appreciated , thanks and I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th!

Replies

• brookekeziah
    Options
    You do MUCH better than me when I go to Chilis thats for sure! I think that will be fine! :)
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Lauren, yes on half the meal and continuing to work out. Just look at how the food items are prepared and this will help you realize what to eat and not eat. For example; fried foods are usually a "no no" cause their high in fat and fat calories. On the other spectrum the grilled foods are usually okay. Have fun.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Since Chili's is a big chain, all their nutritional info is available: http://www.chilis.com/en/nutritional information/chilis_nutrition_menu_generic.pdf

Edit: oops, didn't see you there, catecn :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it won't be abnormally high in calories since you're splitting it - the Margarita Grilled Chicken meal is 550 calories, so that's 275 for half. Not sure about the chips, but since you're meal will be so low in calories, it's not going to be too crazy all together. The big thing will be to drink lots of water due to the extra sodium in the restaurant food.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Link to their nutrition, that's cool.
  • 0ddThomas
    0ddThomas Posts: 2
    Options
    Half a portion sounds like a good compromise to me ... though it would be better if you had the rice ;-)
  • wwperry
    wwperry Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The FRIES are pretty bad. I'm not a fan of the rice either so I get the black beans and corn on cob or steamed broccolli. And you'll be very shocked how many calories are in those tortilla chips. But 500 cal workout is pretty awesome so you'll probably be just fine.
  • katy4193
    katy4193 Posts: 44
    Options
    I think you are fine! You have to treat yourself in moderation from time to time or else you'll end up going overboard. I love the Olive Garden but now when I go, I split a meal with my husband! I work out to earn that meal, as you have as well! Enjoy!!!
  • Lauren38570
    Lauren38570 Posts: 239
    Options
    Thanks everyone and yes im just not a rice fan at all , lol been good about drinking water though
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Chili's is my favorite place to eat! Splitting a meal is a great way to go!!!!! I do this too when I go, but I too can't resist the chips and salsa! LOL Great that you had the work out today that will give a little extra room for the extra calories... have fun and enjoy!
  • Lauren38570
    Lauren38570 Posts: 239
    Options
    oh yeah and I found a place today that sell's this snack that curves were I work out at advertises , it's great , it's called blue diamond butter toffee almonds there so good!