Xenical or not!

Options
Hi there
IVe just joined and have been to doctors today and he gave me xenical!
Im still not sure if i want to take it but really need to get going. Lost 5st on and off ( lot more on than off recently!) with weight watchers but not a fan of the new pro points system but feel i need something to keep me on the right track.
could anyone let me know an average days food just so if i do take the xenical i will have a rough idea of what i should be eating?

Many thanx

Replies

• kappy_hollowell
    Options
    You should definitely not dip below 1200 calories even if on the Xenical. You can look up all the caloric/nutritional values under the food database. This should helpyou determine how many calories you are consuming.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    This is also over the counter now, packaged as Alli. I took it for a while and I did do better on it. Of course, I think I was so paranoid about eating anything with fat in it that that is probably why it worked! I didn't have any of the side effects *shudder* but again, I watched my fat intake very very closely. I ate a lot of lean protein and carbs, sandwiches, salads with low fat toppings. Baked potato with salsa or cottage cheese is good. Just count your fat, you don't want any embarrassing side effects!
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    talk to the doctor who perscribed it to you, or see a nutritionist. yes it is expensive to have an appointment, but if you are on a med that can help curb your appitite or fat consumption (lucky you) and you are worried its always good to see someone. a general rule of thumb (the average again, everyones metabolism is different), if you are male take your weight and times it by 12. if you dont exert any energy (including walking around ur home) thats how many cals you need. to loss, just go under that!
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was given xenical in December and only lost 2lb in 2months all I got was horrible side effects since stopping I've lost loads more. I have heard a lot of people say it works but personally would rather do it the old fashioned way.
  • bidlee157
    bidlee157 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanx for your replies

Im trying to give myself a good talking to that i can do it without the pills i have done it before!

Not collected them yet but i am definatley starting a healthier eating plan and some excersise.

Going to be the big 40 in November and dont want to be this size any longer got at least 6st to lose so a long way to go but have to start somewhere.
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    i was on it for about 3 months. Stay away from KFC, McD's, burger king and Dominoes and don't eat anything with more than 5g of fat. When you get to day 3 then don't go too far away from a ladies, drink loads of water and carry sanitary towels and spare clothes just in case. If you take oral contraception then reconsider taking that particular pil. It is recomended not to take it for more than 12 weeks.
  • bidlee157
    bidlee157 Posts: 4
    Options
    Think i will give myself a few days to see if i can get going and if all else fails i will give them a go.

I know i just have to get my head in the right place!

Time is running out to find my prince charming!!
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have used it twice. Both times I have developed Kidney Stones. There has been some reports that it causes kidney stones. If you have never had one they are bad. On a scale of 1-10 they aren't even on it.