Confession time!

Options
I'm going to share something with you now that I have so far never openly admitted:

I'm a licker and a biter!

Now, now! Get your minds out of the gutter! I mean in a strictly food related way, of course! I am one of those people who constantly complain that I don't really eat that much, and that I eat very healthily and that I can't understand why I am this fat/not losing weight. Well.... Secret is, I do know. And it's time to face up to it. No more mindless asking my son for "just one bite" of his doughnut or pizza or what ever. No more having "just one lick" of his ice creams. I want to eat more mindful. And when I do, I know I can lose weight.

Any confessions from you??

Replies

• cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I had to make myself stop putting sugar on my fruit and in my fat free plain yogurt. And I also stopped topping my plate of food with olive oil and salt. Those were really bad habits!
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Not enough room for all my confessions but I'm a biter and licker too! And - I am never ever no matter what call something not made out of beef a BURGER. And I enjoy cocktails. Okay that's it.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Licker and biter here, too!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Part of being a mom.
    Last night it was spaghetti. Tonight it's going to be pizza crusts.
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a biscuit binger.

The way I see it is that the pack is designed to be scoffed. You can't seal an opened pack with a peg unless you delve down way into the pack. I can easily polish off 1000 calories in an afternoon with some blue milk and a pack of ginger nuts.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I Love Nuts! I can easily overdo it with NUTS! And I still am not exercising.
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Jensylkat5 wrote: »
    I'm going to share something with you now that I have so far never openly admitted:

Now, now! Get your minds out of the gutter! I mean in a strictly food related way, of course! I am one of those people who constantly complain that I don't really eat that much, and that I eat very healthily and that I can't understand why I am this fat/not losing weight. Well.... Secret is, I do know. And it's time to face up to it. No more mindless asking my son for "just one bite" of his doughnut or pizza or what ever. No more having "just one lick" of his ice creams. I want to eat more mindful. And when I do, I know I can lose weight.

I'm a "tester". I'll do taste tests while preparing food, which adds up over time, especially when I'm making soup or baking. I mean come on, who doesn't love raw cookie dough (salmonella risk be damned)? What starts out as a tablespoon to test a stew easily adds up to half a cup over the course of cooking.

I also tend to "share" (translated: steal a taste) what my husband is having if it's something new. Now, the upside of this is that I've determined that a mouthful for me is 1oz (liquid), so I can track things like shakes and drinks easily, and I've actually curbed my "sharing" habit a lot the past couple of months, but it still happens from time to time.

Oh, also, I'll steal extra cheese from lasagna if my sister isn't around to threaten me with a fork. XD
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My confession is... I can't do black coffee. Although I have cut out all beverages with calories, my one cup of coffee in the morning is my exception. I measure out my sugar and creamer and of course log it, but I just can't give it up.
  • RainaProske
    Options
    Bearbo27 wrote: »
    My confession is... I can't do black coffee. Although I have cut out all beverages with calories, my one cup of coffee in the morning is my exception. I measure out my sugar and creamer and of course log it, but I just can't give it up.

Wow, do I understand that. I rarely drink coffee, but when I do, it's with milk and Xylitol. For me, black coffee is only for when I have chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Of course, that had better be rare!
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My confession? I love sweets! I'm dreading October-December because of Halloween, the holiday season in general, thanksgiving and Christmas. I can do so well and I have lost all my weight before but I started regaining during the holidays and for me I'm having to relearn moderation. Dieting is fine because I'm good at cutting back and eating less but that usually includes really limiting sweets. I'm an all or nothing girl and if I start in to sweets I can't stop. With holidays I can't just have a small piece of peppermint bark, or a chocolate peanut butter ball, or a few cookies. I will eat the whole batch!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    cinnag4225 wrote: »
    Jensylkat5 wrote: »

I'm a "tester". I'll do taste tests while preparing food, which adds up over time, especially when I'm making soup or baking. I mean come on, who doesn't love raw cookie dough (salmonella risk be damned)? What starts out as a tablespoon to test a stew easily adds up to half a cup over the course of cooking.

I also tend to "share" (translated: steal a taste) what my husband is having if it's something new. Now, the upside of this is that I've determined that a mouthful for me is 1oz (liquid), so I can track things like shakes and drinks easily, and I've actually curbed my "sharing" habit a lot the past couple of months, but it still happens from time to time.

Oh, also, I'll steal extra cheese from lasagna if my sister isn't around to threaten me with a fork. XD

My kids make edible cookie dough without eggs!! It is,always in the refrigerator. I stay out of it most of the time but I am know to take bites and then log the bites.
  • northwestpj
    northwestpj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sweets also for me..not so much candy...but more the cookies and such. I still keep it within my calorie range...but I know that still not the best choice..lol
    Also, I give myself a whole day for cheating..usually on my weigh in days (Thursdays). Admittedly, some times I over indulge on these cheat days. But its what I've done since starting in Jan 2015, and has seemed to work or at least not sabotage.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I seemed to have gotten my sweet tooth under control. But a few weeks ago, I had a craving for Smarties. I went to 4 stores before I found some. I finished the bag in 2 days and nope, I didn't log it.
  • RainaProske
    Options
    Bxqtie116 wrote: »
    I seemed to have gotten my sweet tooth under control. But a few weeks ago, I had a craving for Smarties. I went to 4 stores before I found some. I finished the bag in 2 days and nope, I didn't log it.

Oh, wow. You shouldn't have told that here. Didn't you know the MFP gremlins will get you?! And they won't just get you once: they'll pinch you and stick you with needles first, then they'll get you!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Licker and biter here too- but I think its helped my weight loss rather than hindered it. I'm happy to have a bite of my husbands pizza or a single chip or sip of beer- which satisfies my curiosity, just wanting a tiny bit, rather than having a whole having myself. I do this so often that my husband and I refer to it as 'diet tax' lol!

My worst habits are taking bites from sweets or biscuits - just a nibble off the corner and not logging because I know it'll be accounted for when I log the rest of it. Sometimes I log food against following days instead of the day I ate it.....
  • gracepost123
    gracepost123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes I always have "one French fry" or one bite or one sip of whatever my
    Boyfriend is eating!! It's so bad :( but the hardest habit to break. Or I guess it's just will power haha
  • robynlouiise
    robynlouiise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a nightmare with cheese. When I'm weighing out that 30g serving and put that aside i then will cut off another bit and eat it straight away. Doesn't count then right?!
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    So I'm reading this thread, giggling a bit at some of these confessions and recognising some of them in myself - particularly the ones who are cookie/biscuit lovers. Then I think, hmm didn't I have some speculoos biscuits last night? Did I log them? Nope! I remember thinking I'll log them this morning as I'd already shut down the laptop for the evening. And then ... I forgot!

So I must confess to not always remembering to log late night snacks >.<
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am a nightmare with cheese. When I'm weighing out that 30g serving and put that aside i then will cut off another bit and eat it straight away. Doesn't count then right?!

No no, if you weighed it, the extra slice has no calories. Same goes with anything weighed. A little more doesn't have any extra.

I'm so guilty of this and other "free" food. If I'm eating something to be polite then it doesn't count. So one biscuit because I'm new at work and they think I'm weird (they haven't seen me bigger, so they think I don't need to bother) is "free"