I hate food prepping

Options
I don't like leftovers, so I don't Ike food prepping. The food taste dried the next day. Any suggestions

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Add water to reheat leftovers? Take out? Frozen meals? Take a cooking class?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I never made enough food for leftovers. I just eat a dang salad every day. It's fuel. It's fine. Not every meal needs to be a gourmet delight in my mouth.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I don't like leftovers, so I don't Ike food prepping. The food taste dried the next day. Any suggestions

I find if you freeze straight away rather than putting them in the fridge after prep when reheated they retain more moisture. Or like @queenliz99 suggested add a little water before you microwave, if I'm reheating at home (depending on the dish) I like to fry up in olive oil rather than microwave, this method uses more calories with the oil but so much tastier.

I LOVE meal prep, makes life so much easier.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Then don't meal prep.

Shop and plan daily.

Have prepared meals in your freezer in case of emergency.

You can still buy your raw ingredients in bulk and re-package in single servings. I do this with my hamburger and my chicken breasts.
  • pattyandthemoos
    pattyandthemoos Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't food prep like that. I plan all my meals the night before and cook everything fresh. I hate reheated stuff. Just get everything ready to go and cook when you're ready.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I hate eating all prepped food too. So I plan everything out.
    For example, i make a huge batch of rice and beans ( you can add broth while reheating to make it taste fresher)
    But then have fresh foods on hand too. Have your fridge ready to go with easy fresh foods like salad in a bag, cheese and cheese sticks, fruit, veggies, breads to make sandwiches.
    If you mix it up with some fresh foods and some prepped food, it really isn't so bad.
    I also keep dry pasta , canned beans and such on hand too. They only take a few minutes to prepare .
    Just plan out your days well in advance and have the foods on hand.
  • jplay86
    jplay86 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add water to reheat. Only prep your sides. Cook your meats daily in the morning.prep daily instead of weekly or monthly. I do 3 day prep and add water to reheat
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I only eat leftovers from the night before for lunch, and I try to make dishes with light sauces like tomato. That way the food isn't dried out, and lunch is ready. Otherwise, I can't eat the stuff either. I tried the prepping on Sundays thing, and it doesn't work for me. Even the fresh veggies go bad faster if you cut them up for a week. I make breakfast and dinner daily. Soups are okay for a few days, but I still get tired of it after three days at most.