Doing this for the LAST and FINAL time.

Options
So...as many of you can relate, I have tried (or so I'd like to think) to lose the extra pounds once and for all. Most of all, l struggle with will power and telling myself NO! Slowly, but surely I am learning that the key to this is not necessarily telling myself no, but asking myself is it worth it? More often than not, the power of giving myself the OPTION to choose this or that helps.

Today I am going to keep this short and sweet so that I don't give it too much thought and as a result start thinking about the ice cream cone I CHOSE not to have an hour ago...I can do this.

Replies

• lil2005
    lil2005 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Exactly!! I understand you, i struggle too. One thing i try to keep in mind is before i eat something i ask myself if i am really hungry and how is it going to make me feel after I eat it. I also look at the calories and think about how long i have to workout just to burn that one thing. Good luck!! I know you can do this!
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I think you're looking at it the wrong way. You'll never sustain a life of deprivation. Set a calorie goal. Eat more protein to help with hunger. Make substitutions you can live with. Exercise to earn yourself more calories. Reward your efforts sometimes. Stay under for the next 3 days and eat that ice cream cone on Sunday. Log the bad days as well as the good. It will help you stay on track. Get sleep, drink lots of water, and keep your stress level down.

Good luck!
  • jkp429
    jkp429 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Start with the end in mind!!! It's not about just losing weight but making healthy choices. Once the healthy choices start to be easier then the next step is weight loss. You can do it and you have to believe that you can!!! Good luck
  • LoveMySelf01
    LoveMySelf01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much you guys for the support. And as for looking at it the wrong way at this point I would have to disagree. I used to deprive myself and simply so NO! You can't have that! Now, I ask/tell myself "OK, you can eat it if you really want it but is it worth an extra 30-45 minutes on the elliptical?" and most often I say "NO". Same result, just a different way of thinking.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much you guys for the support. And as for looking at it the wrong way at this point I would have to disagree. I used to deprive myself and simply so NO! You can't have that! Now, I ask/tell myself "OK, you can eat it if you really want it but is it worth an extra 30-45 minutes on the elliptical?" and most often I say "NO". Same result, just a different way of thinking.

Whatever works for you! My point was you don't always have to say "no." If you do things right, you can still say "yes" sometimes!