Lost 37 pounds, before and after pics posted!

Options
I am posting this for anyone who needs a little motivation and to show people that it IS possible to get to your goal weight!!! It just takes strength, determination, and a LOT of discipline.

I weighed 155 in the photo in the white tank top about 4 years ago. The bikini photo with no face is from about a year ago. The photo in the dress sitting on the ledge was taken about a month ago for a modeling shoot. My main photo was taken last week, just after I won a bikini contest.

I did it by cutting out grains, gluten, soy, and dairy from my diet and avoiding processed and fried foods. Lots of meat, lots of fruit, lots of vegetables, lots of nuts and lots of fats.

Good luck to you all, and let me know if you'd like any advice or help.

Sam

Replies

• LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! You look amazing!!!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    You look fabulous!! Great job and thank you for posting. Such an inspiration!
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    i love when people post things like that! it lets me know that it is possible and that i shouldnt lose hope! thank you, and like others have said, u look amazing!
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Wow... you looked great before and your transformation is even more amazing. Congrats!

Thanks for posting... very inspiring.
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Way to go Grokette!!
  • JoeyC07
    JoeyC07 Posts: 42
    Options
    too beautiful
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    You look amazing! How tall are you? Im guessing you're taller than me, but its inspiring that you lost about the same amount of weight i want to lose, but im only half way there. You look rock hard, love it!

I sent you a friend request.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Awesome! way to go! I love the the accomplishment stories when people reach their goal weight. You can literally feel their excitement and joy in the words from their post. Very motivating!
  • SammySweetheart
    Options
    Thanks, all, for the kind words!

I am 5'5".
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thank you. You look stunning!
  • SammySweetheart
    Options
    A lot of you are already asking for meal plans/ a more detailed description of the way I eat. I hope this helps!

The main objective of this diet (which is my own modified version of something called the Paleolithic diet) is to eat like a caveman or a cavewoman would. The idea is that our bodies have not had enough time to adapt since the introduction of processed foods and grains into the American diet. Compounds in grains have been shown to have inflammatory effects on the body because we have not properly evolved the right enzymes to digest these compounds. For example, a compound in wheat called phytic acid, lowers the body’s absorption of key nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, and calcium. Another example, gluten, has hormone-like effects on the body and causes cravings and weight gain (especially in the midsection). So, think like a caveman. You forage for some fruits, vegetables, and nuts. You find bird eggs and cook them. You hunt animals and eat them. So, try to eat all natural, free-range meats and organic fruits and vegetables. Do not eat bread, pasta, cereal, oats and rice. Stay away from legumes like beans, cashews and peanuts. Cut out potatoes. Try to limit your dairy consumption as well (it causes bloating). You will not only SEE a difference (you will lose a lot of stomach fat especially), but you will FEEL a difference- in your energy level, the quality of your sleep, and your moods!

Shopping List Example

Protein:

All Natural Chicken Breasts
    Grass fed hamburger patties or all natural ground turkey
    Nitrate-free deli ham and turkey
    Nitrate-free bacon
    Trader Joe’s has a delicious uncured apple smoked bacon that is to die for
    All natural breakfast sausage
    I like Trader Joe’s Chicken Breakfast Sausage and Whole Foods carries a yummy turkey maple sausage by Wellshire
    Farms
    Free-range brown eggs

Fats:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Coconut oil
    Roasted and unsalted pistachios
    Raw unsalted macadamia nuts
    Raw unsalted almonds
    All natural almond butter
    I love to spread this on some apple slices for a yummy snack!

Produce:

Strawberries
    Bananas
    Watermelon
    Cantelope
    Mango
    Oranges
    Apples
    Carrots
    Zucchini
    Asparagus
    Mushrooms
    Lettuce
    Spinach
    Avocado

Misc.:

Larabars, Kind Bars (These are gluten free and are made entirely of fruits and nuts and are good for emergency snacks)
    All natural Beef Jerky
    Dairy Free Ice Cream (Henry’s and Whole Foods carries Coconut Milk based ice cream)
    Almond Milk or Coconut Milk (To put in your coffee instead of dairy products)
    Organic Hemp Seed (Sold at Whole Foods, this is a vegan protein with a pine nut taste and delivers 11g of protein for 3 tablespoons. Perfect to put in your smoothies or sprinkle on your salad for extra protein.)
    Organic Chia Seed [Also sold at Whole Foods, this is a fantastic source of natural fiber (5 grams per tablespoon)]

Example Meal Plan:

Breakfast
    Day 1
    Tea with a lemon slice
    Scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil
    Breakfast sausages
    A bowl of fruit or a fruit smoothie

Day 2
    Coffee
    Egg omelette with spinach and tomato
    Bacon slices
    A bowl of fruit or a fruit smoothie

Lunch
    Day 1
    Deli turkey or ham roll-ups wrapped up in lettuce with onions and avocado
    ¼ cup of mixed nuts
    A piece of fruit

Day 2
    Salad with grilled chicken, deli turkey or deli ham, bacon, avocado, and hard boiled egg (dressed with a little olive oil and vinegar)
    ¼ cup mixed nuts
    A piece of fruit

Dinner
    Day 1
    Chicken breast with a side of asparagus sautéed in olive oil
    A few squares of dark chocolate
    5oz glass of red wine

Day 2
    Grass-fed hamburger wrapped in lettuce with avocado and bacon
    1 cup Dairy-free icecream, sorbet, or a bowl of fruit

Smoothie Recipes (My favorite breakfast) **I add hemp seed and chia seed for extra protein, omega 3 fatty acids, and fiber!**

Watermelon smoothie
    Blend a 1/2 cup water with 1 cup of diced watermelon. Add 1 banana, 1 cup of strawberries, 1 cup of mango chunks, and a cup of ice. 300 calories, 9g of fiber

Strawberry Banana smoothie
    Blend 1 cup water with 1 cup of apple slices. Add 1 banana, 2 cups of strawberries, and a cup of ice. 255 calories, 10g of fiber

Mango Smoothie
    Blend 1/2 cup water with 1 juicing orange. [If you go for orange juice, realize most store-bought brands have added sugar and are pasteurized, which eliminates some of the nutrients] Add 1 banana, 1 cup of mango chunks, and a cup of ice. 274 calories, 8g of fiber

Doesn't-Taste-Green Smoothie
    Blend 1 cup water with a cup of apple slices. Add 1 banana, 1 cup of mango chunks, 2 cups of baby spinach, and a cup of ice. 278 calories, 7g of fiber, 18mg of iron

Try this out for a couple weeks. Remember, no bread, no rice, no pasta, no pizza, no cereal. Limit dairy products. Try to stay away from soy products because they are genetically modified and not good for you. If you are desperate and need to do an In n Out run, make it a double meat hamburger, protein style. Nothing fried, nothing with preservatives, and nothing processed. If you’re not seeing the results you want, start cutting out alcohol and sweets and limit your fruit intake to a cup or one piece a day.

Sincerely,
    Sam
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    congrats girl!!!
  • skyls
    skyls Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! That looks a lot like the south beach style diet I did at the beginning of this year. I believe whole grain foods are allowed on that though, and dairy, so I guess that would be the difference. I might have to try this for a few weeks, I love carbs, and sweets it would be hard!!
  • stephaniemariej
    Options
    I'm hoping to drop 40 pds. How long did it take you to drop your weight? Also, what is your caloric goal & your exercise plan? Thanks for sharing your meal plan! It was very helpful & doable for me.
  • mustanggirl_2011
    mustanggirl_2011 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This was great, thanks for posting!
  • maureenx
    maureenx Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you for your posting...you look amazing, WELL DONE!!
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    I've lost over 90 pounds on the same plan. To everyone out there trying to find a sustainable lifestyle ...all I can say is this plan works. Not only did the weight come off but I feel great.

Funny thing is I never counted calories while losing weight. I only began to do so to figure out how to maintain....to avoid the ups and downs.
  • chellydee
    chellydee Posts: 6
    Options
    You look great girl! Definitely need to read this! I need to lose 15 lbs by my birthday, i hoping your diet can help me.
  • TimTamGirl
    TimTamGirl Posts: 20
    Options
    Truly amazing results.

Do you or did you feel like "what am I going to eat?" at any time because it is such a raw diet?

Also, how do you cope with take-away foods or eating out?

Silly questions I know, but I would really like to try this sort of eating plan.

• SammySweetheart
    Options
    TimTamGirl,

At first, it was difficult. The simple carb cravings sucked, but after 7-10 days you stop craving. Because it is such a raw diet, the amount of fiber you get keeps you full and fruit, of course, is very satisfying. Simple grab-and-go snacks include hardboiled eggs, fruit, veggie spears, beef jerky, apples and almond butter, etc. Eating out I have things like chicken salad, avocado bacon burger without the bun, baked chicken wings (coal-fired chicken wings are my fave), flatiron steak, etc. For drinking, I usually have a glass of wine or hard apple cider.

Let me know if there's anything else you're wondering about!

Sam
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!