Hello! I'm hopijng to find some male MFP friends who have lost or are losing 50 + lbs......

Options
I'm 6'-4", 317 lbs this morning. This is the 100th time I've said I will get fit....My 20th time to MFP. I have always quit making an effort before I get there. My blood pressure is high, my sex drive is non-existent, and literally I feel like I could drop dead at any second. "I used to be" all kinds of things.....It means nothing now. I've hit the bottom. My plan is to do this thing one log entry/meal/day/moment/at a time, and I could use some support from guys who've been there, or who are going through it now. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• DeniceLmt
    DeniceLmt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I totally understand and hope your well on your way to feeling amazing
  • ahmed89
    ahmed89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I just got back into things again myself. I started at 330 lbs and finally said enough is enough. I need to get back to a healthy and happy weight. I'm shooting for 250. Don't give up. I'm down 18 pounds and feel so much better already... You know what they say, it didn't get added over night. So it won't go away overnight. It'll take time.
  • fbcallicoat
    fbcallicoat Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi Lowell. Give yourself props for starting -- in fact, that's what I always do when I go out the door each day. I congratulate myself for suiting up and getting my @ss moving again. Once I'm out the door I figure I might as well go ahead and run, even though I often don't want to. (In fact today I put it off until 10:30 pm, but I did it - I ran 5+ miles under the full moon and sweated my *kitten* off once more.)

As I write this, I'm at least 95 lbs. lighter than my picture, which was taken just before my health and life collapsed on 10/28/15. I had an acute staph infection brought on by stress and untreated (actually ignored) Type 2 diabetes I spent a month and a half in the hospital and thought at first I would lose my leg.

In the end, I lost almost everything: my business, my home, almost my family, but I gained my health and happiness. I did this by going on a strict regimen of high fat, low carb diet and when I got out of the hospital in mid-December, daily exercise. About a month ago I started doing Intermittent Fasting as well (16:8 most days).

Today I'm 5'10" and 169 lbs. (from 262 lbs on 10/31/15) a size 50 suit to a 40R, from a 44" waist to a 31" waist, and from an XL size shirt to Medium.

So it CAN be done; I know because I'm doing it. You can too. I promise you. If you want more info or encouragement, email me.

• burnfatty17
    burnfatty17 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    With you here buddy. I am on everyday. Let's do this !!
  • mjpatter63
    mjpatter63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Lowell,

I was in the same place you were 4 months ago at 6'0" and 278. I am at 212.6 now. Send me an invite and I'll friend you, my diary is shared so you can see what I eat.

Mike
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You should check out the GOAD group here on MFP. We are a bunch of people who moved here from the Weight Watchers message boards! GOAD is an acronym for Guys on a Diet, but there are men and women there. We all have a common goal -- to lose weight and become more fit/healthy.

We're a no-nonsense group of people who won't coddle you or pull any punches, but we WILL support you in your weight loss efforts. While the majority of us lost weight with Weight Watchers, we realize that it's not the ONLY program out there and we welcome new perspectives (unless you want to talk about "cleansing" diets -- then you might take some good-natured ribbing :) )
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey Lowell, 100th time lucky, I'm 25lbs down with about 40 to go and it's dropping off, I'm literally on the road to recovery after a serious bike accident at one point I actually did drop dead around 6 times, 18 months of hell along with multiple major surgeries that I didn't know I'd wake up from with my left leg still there, now I'm spanking the gym most days and getting back to feeling good again, gained a huge amount of weight and felt pretty much like you have been feeling, feel free to add.
    You can do this
  • Fit4Life_62
    Fit4Life_62 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey Lowell, You got this man! Committing to changing habits and being accountable and motivated with others is a huge step in the right direction! Like bladebiker, I also had a couple bike accidents that laid me up pretty good a few years back. I became more sedentary than I would have liked and have gotten out of shape since. Recently, within the past several weeks I've decided enough is enough! I'm 6'2" and started at 258 lbs. with a short-term goal of 240. Right now I'm sitting at 250 and am setting my mind on a longer term goal of my ideal weight at 210 lbs. Let's do this!