Fitness competitors

Options
dtlp
dtlp Posts: 46 Member
Wasn't really sure what category to put this one in... But has anyone done any fitness/bikini/figure comps that has advice for those thinking about doing it? :)

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I am currently prepping for my first mens physique competition. My advice would be; just go for it!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I haven't done one as I lack the muscle mass but I know people who have done. You need to be very disciplined with your training and diet. Be prepared to make sacrifices.
  • dtlp
    Options
    I am currently prepping for my first mens physique competition. My advice would be; just go for it!

I want to prepare for a comp in May. It's a while away so I have plenty of time and already fairly fit. I'll add you and message you so you can tell me about your journey so far :)
  • dtlp
    Options
    I haven't done one as I lack the muscle mass but I know people who have done. You need to be very disciplined with your training and diet. Be prepared to make sacrifices.

I'm prepared for the sacrifices. I once was disciplined it's just training myself to be that way again. Thanks for the advice! :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    dtlp wrote: »

I want to prepare for a comp in May. It's a while away so I have plenty of time and already fairly fit. I'll add you and message you so you can tell me about your journey so far :)

I'm aiming for May as well! What show/division are you looking to do?
  • pompeyjosh1990
    pompeyjosh1990 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know guys that have done them, its hard work, a lot of time and dedication is required, but go for it....what have you got to lose?
  • dtlp
    Options

I'm aiming for May as well! What show/division are you looking to do?

I would like to do figure as I think with an already muscly/broad build this would suit me better than bikini, and fitness. Do you have a personal trainer? I'm getting online coaching and hoping that will be enough.
  • dtlp
    Options
    I know guys that have done them, its hard work, a lot of time and dedication is required, but go for it....what have you got to lose?

Time is something I have luckily ha, but exactly I have nothing to lose anyway. I want to get really fit regardless so it's just something extra to work towards. :)
  • pompeyjosh1990
    pompeyjosh1990 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Time is something I have luckily ha, but exactly I have nothing to lose anyway. I want to get really fit regardless so it's just something extra to work towards. :)

yes exactly, I would love to do it, but I haven't got the time for the amount of dedication you need, I eat clean'ish hitting macros and hit the gym hard....one day I will be in decent shape.