can i lose weight cutting out sugar

Options
and replacing sugary snacks with chips and popcorn and savoury snacks

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am going with no unless you reduce your calories overall.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    spmcrob33 wrote: »

I'd go with macdonalds, much better for you
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Not if replacing them calorie for calorie. No.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    is it a trick question?
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    You have to do what will work for you and be sustainable.
    To lose weight, you need to consume less calories than you burn. How you choose to spend those calories is your personal decision.
    What has worked ( and is working ) for me, is all foods in moderation. I choose not to drink my calories, as chewing gives me much more satisfaction, so I seldom drink anything but water or black coffee.
  • earthakin66
    earthakin66 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've found for myself that I feel much better when I don't eat sugar and flour. This is really hard for me to do, but once I do then I really feel the difference. About 8 years ago I cut it out for 2 years and lost 79 pounds and felt much more calm. In some people the refined carbohydrates can cause chronic inflammation, I believe this is the case for me. Recently I read a book called "Always Hungry" which examines the idea that all calories are not created equal.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Well it all depends on how much more calories you're consuming after you cut sugar out
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Savoury snacks?
    Definition of savoury: an aromatic plant of the mint family, used as a culinary herb.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Savoury snacks?
    Definition of savoury: an aromatic plant of the mint family, used as a culinary herb.

Savory as opposed to sweet, not savory as in the herb. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/savory
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

You can replace all of the items you want, but you aren't going to lose weight unless you are eating less calories than you are burning. People need to get it out of their mind that one type of food is bad for them, and if they stop eating it they will magically lose weight.

Losing weight is a life style change where you find a diet and method that works best for you that will help you eat less food, and still feel satisfied after doing it, and then you can decide if you want to add exercise, and some sort of weight training in their as well to help aid you in it. But you really need to do what's best for you, not what you read from your beach body friends facebook post, or in Self Magazine.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    No you won't lose weight by replacing sugary snacks with savory snacks.
  • displaced1
    displaced1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We are all different. Try swapping out sugary treats for savory ones, even calorie for calorie, and see how you feel. A lot of people have a decreased tolerance to refined carbs. When I have them I tend to feel more hungry or feel more tired. If I replace sugary treats with other foods (protein snacks like nuts or cheese), I feel full longer and tend to overeat less often.
  • seekingdaintiness
    seekingdaintiness Posts: 137 Member
    Options

No.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    displaced1 wrote: »
    Try swapping out sugary treats for savory ones, even calorie for calorie, and see how you feel. A lot of people have a decreased tolerance to refined carbs. When I have them I tend to feel more hungry or feel more tired. If I replace sugary treats with other foods (protein snacks like nuts or cheese), I feel full longer and tend to overeat less often.

Though swapping calorie for calorie won't cause weight loss in itself, for the reason quoted above, it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. Whatever change you make to lose weight has to be effective AND sustainable. If reducing sugar helps you control your calories, it could be worth it.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options

Outside of reducing calories . . . NO.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I cut sugary snacks out and didn't replace them with anything. I'm less hungry for it.