Weigh Yourself

Options
When is the best time to weigh yourself? Let me know if anything, thanks.

Replies

• karenshoope126
    karenshoope126 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning...right after waking up:)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    You'll get the most consistent readings first thing in the morning, becore eating, after using the bathroom, with the same clothes or no clothes. Your weight will still fluctuate every day, though, so don't sweat it.
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Every day, first thing in the morning after going to the toilet, no clothes!

I make sure to put the scales in exactly the same spot also :)
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning (after using the bathroom)
  • chrislo2691
    chrislo2691 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    First thing getup toilet weigh in, no clothes. It is mostly a consistent time and removes most variables like how much you have just eaten.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in the morning right after emptying the "lizard".
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I like to get my weight on the weekends after I've slept a full night, gone to the bathroom, not yet had anything to eat or drink & before I've gotten dressed.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you weigh as long as you are consistent. Over the long term the number doesn't matter, only the trend.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    In the morning, after my coffee kicks in, but before eating anything, and always in the same pjs.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    Wolfena wrote: »
    I like to get my weight on the weekends after I've slept a full night, gone to the bathroom, not yet had anything to eat or drink & before I've gotten dressed.

I like daily, but agree with the quoted as to timing.

You'll have fluctuations from day to day no matter what you do, but morning gives you the best chance of something close to comparable results. My weight routinely varies by 3-5 pounds within a day, and I'm pretty small (now - 120 pounds). Two cups of water is a pound, let alone the weight of food/clothing!