What Day of the week?

Options
What is the best day of the week to weigh myself? One day a week, or everyday?

Replies

• thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want. Some people weigh themselves one day a week, one day a month, or every single day.

No one way is best. You can try weighing yourself everyday, but if you get discouraged by daily fluctuations, switch to once a week.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I weihh weigh every day but record once a week. I used to monday but that was just after the weekend. I log Thursdays weight now.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Whatever day works best to you as long as you do it in a consistent setting (i.e. first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom, before eating or drinking anything, wearing the same amount of clothes). Weighing every day is fine as long as the constant fluctuations don't discourage you.
  • superpowers2016
    superpowers2016 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on Mondays. I was weighing myself a few times a week but would get discouraged by the fluctuations. Once a week takes in account my progress for that whole week and the fact that I do it on Mondays keeps me accountable on weekends. I hope you find what works best for you ☺
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself when I feel like it. Usually when I feel like I'll probably see a drop on the scale. As long as I know I've been doing the right things (weighing my food and eating fewer calories than I expend in a day) I don't record my weight unless it's lower than my last recorded weight.
    I know my weight is going to go up and down based on a lot of factors - hormones, sodium intake, changing up exercise, etc... That's why I don't stress anything that shows an increase and only log the low spots.

In the end, you have to do what works for you, won't discourage you, and gives you an accurate picture of whether you're moving in the right direction.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,954 Member
    Options
    I go with the days that end in "Y".
  • wagnerpe123
    wagnerpe123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For better or for worse, I weigh daily.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only log it on Wednesdays. vOv
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only log on a friday.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I don't know that one day is better than another. Just pick a day and be consistent.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    when I first started I weighed myself once every two weeks for the first two or three months then I started doing it on a weekly basis.

Once I started to get close to my final goal I did it twice a week Mondays and Fridays Fridays I consider more accurate than Monday's just because it a weekend but I use that as a reference point

The main thing is to be consistent when you weigh yourself try to do it with the same clothes on at the same time and at the same location
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I generally record my weight on Saturday morning, since Saturday is my day off. On Tuesday, my other day off, I usually record measurements, unless I don't feel like facing the judgment of the measuring tape, LOL.

I'm considering doing daily weights to get more of an idea of my basic ups and downs, but I won't be tracking those on MFP because reasons.
  • VeryMinci
    VeryMinci Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning ... may not be the best for everyone ... perhaps it's a little obsessive but I like to see how I did the day before and make adjustments as I go VS waiting a week to see that something went wrong ... just my personal opinion and preference
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh every morning. It keeps me motivated and it reminds me not to take the ups and downs so seriously...how can I be upset about gaining 4 pounds over night when I know I've been under goal every day for a week. I only log when the number goes down though...makes for a prettier graph ;)