Same Meals Every Day

Options
nowine4me
nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
I eat the exact same thing every day, which seems to hit my macros well. I know I will get bored eventually, but any major nutrional downside in the meantime?

Breakfast (57c/14f/39p) = 490 calories
lowfat peanut butter (1 tbs)
Ezekial bread (1 slice)
Orgain protein shake
hard boiled egg (1)

Lunch (54c/13f/26p) = 446 calories
apple (medium)
greens salad mix (3 cups)
grilled chicken (4 oz)
mandarin orange (1)
sesame seeds (tbs)
dried cranberries (tsp)

Snack (30c/0f/13p) = 160 -180 cal
Greek Yogurt
Blueberries
Almonds (10'ish)

Dinner (10c/10f/40p) - slight daily variations 400-500 cal
fish/chicken/beef/pork (lean, 4oz)
Asparagus/broccoli/green beans - a bunch

Total
1400-1500 cal
123-125 p
140-150 c
40-45 f

Replies

• abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have been eating the same breakfast and lunch for over 2 months now. I switch up my snacks and dinners but I have not noticed any negative coming from this. Like you, I chose a few favorites and cycle them.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Other than dull, there is nothing wrong with eating the same thing over and over and over again.......... it gives a sense of security for some, as they know the caloric count for the day, and can turn their minds to focusing on something else. But one day, and maybe soon, you will want to bust out of that box and try something new - I hope!! Maybe you can really push the boat out and switch chicken to turkey!!
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me. Considering your caloric intake I'll say your fats are OK. As for eating the same thing everyday. I pretty much do the same. It's the best way to build momentum. Also doing this alleviates a bunch of decision making you'd have to do otherwise, consequently sparing your will power for other important things throughout your day. *Note, if you love the foods your eating who gives a *kitten*. And when you feel like changing it, calculate the new item of food and repeat the process. Make life easy for yourself.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I guess it's good enough, and you'll switch things up eventually when you get bored, but couldn't you setup your other meals like you have your dinner? Instead of "salad+chicken+apple", have "salad+lean meat+piece of fruit", and "yogurt+nuts+berries" instead of "yogurt+almonds+blueberries". The difference in calories is virtually immaterial. There are so many wonderful foods out there, why limit yourself to just a few.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast and lunch everyday. I rotate between different but repeated dinners and desserts.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback, I will up my calories by switching from lose 1 lbs to lose.5 lbs in 3 pounds. That seems like a good opportunity to mix things up a bit.
  • valerianegomes
    valerianegomes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've also been having the same breakfast for almost 2 months and 1 of 2 lunches for same length of time. I've noticed that when I stick to that, I consistently lose weight. When I deviate, I don't lose. So I'm thinking, if it works why change it? Luckily I chose meals that are super good, that I actually love, so I don't mind the repetition.
  • pompeyjosh1990
    pompeyjosh1990 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Only thing I would do, is change it up slightly, just have different meats on different meals, change your rice to risotto, or change fruits/nuts around, its the same as training, once your body gets used to it in 3-4 months time, you wont notice big gains, change it up- keep your body and health on its toes
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing something very similar once I cycle back to zero carb from my current LC. Gotta get rid of all of this damned almond flour, flax seed, spinach, and nuts first though.

I find that when running a high fat, mid-protein diet, it's a lot easier to manage, if I just keep it simple (nearly identical) every day.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    As long as there is no nutritional deficiency in those choices, it shouldn't be a problem at all.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    The only thing we truly know about a healthy diet is that variety is best. There are healthy nutrients in foods that we are still discovering.

Your diet looks good, but I would use it more as a template and switch up some things alittle. For example, different fruits, salads, whole grains (not just wheat).

It is highly recommended to eat less then 5 oz of meat a day (USDA Healthy U.S.-Style Eating Pattern), try eating more vegetables, that is very nutritious and doesn't impact calories or fat.