Really need some friends right now :(

Options
Hello I am looking for friends who are supportive and non judgemental. I gained a lot of weight with my children and now am almost 300lb it breaks my heart and makes me feel horrible and ugly looking this way. So I need all the help and support I can get to reach my goal of 180. Please feel free to add me.

Replies

• Amberly_Zissa
    Amberly_Zissa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 210, hoping to lose 80 pounds but really need someone to keep me on track, i came to this app hoping to find a friend or two to build a support system with, I'm tired of feeling self conscious and I'd love to go through this with you if you need someone too :) too hard to lose the weight alone
  • kaidball
    kaidball Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. I've always been overweight but since having my son 3 years ago I've not managed to lose anything and keep putting it on. I'm now at 288lbs and need to lose loads! We can do this!
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've been on this journey for a few months now I myself am over 300 but I've been working really hard and I'm down 55 pounds. If you want somebody to go through this journey with I'm more than happy to be there for support feel free to add me
  • ameliarulie
    ameliarulie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel the same, but we can all do this.
  • bmarie1920981
    bmarie1920981 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Similar situation here! Feel free to add me
  • Angeline313
    Angeline313 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also need motivation and support! Lets do it together! :)
  • kendrickmarisha
    kendrickmarisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Marisha.
    I really need a support group. I have about 40 pounds to lose. I'm on 3 hypertension medications and if I don't lose weight I'll be on more. I lose than I gain it back. It's very depressing. Im always tired no matter what I do. Trying to motivate myself to exercise. And I have a treadmill and a elliptical machine. Also have weights. If someone wants to be my exercise and food buddy. I'm starting back counting my calories today so would love to have a buddy that is starting today or recently just started this journey and really wants an accountability partner to check in with daily
    If so please please add me today so we can start this today and get to our goal together

All have a blessed day
  • dakota341
    dakota341 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am trying to lose 80 pounds!
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have around 70-80 pounds more that I want to lose.
  • hollygirl101
    hollygirl101 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started at 275lbs and I can't even blame it on having kids. That was ALL me. Too many drinks, too many (whole) pizzas, too much sitting on my butt. Looking to get to 200 for starters, we'll see where it goes from there. :) My name is Holly, I'm 37 and live in Minnesota. Feel free to add me!
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I relate to everyone here. My journey started two months ago at 290 pounds. I was playing racquetball and had chest pains and shortness of breath and nearly passed out. Went to the ER and was told I'd had a heart attack. Turns out it was pulmonary embolisms, which is still scary. That was the day my life changed and I found the motivation and commitment I'd lacked for many, many years. I've so far lost 35 pounds, and while I still have a long way to go, I feel like I'm finally doing what it takes. What you need to find is that reason for wanting to lose weight. Many here have said they put on weight when they had kids. Wanting to be healthy for your kids should get you motivated to do something about your weight. You'll have health issues and could potentially die early leaving them without a mom (or dad in my case) if you don't take care of your health. I'm no expert, but I can let you know what's worked for me so far. You all need to find that motivation and commitment now before you end up in the hospital like me. Good luck! I know everyone here can do it because I'm doing it. It isn't easy, and will take time, but so worth it for yourself and your family.
  • ruffneckred
    ruffneckred Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was at 315 about 8 months ago... Lost a bunch quickly when I found out my wife loves someone else... Now I seem plateaued at 250ish. Stress seems to make me hungry
  • juanitagardner07
    juanitagardner07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started at 220 pounds at the end of April I am now 196 pounds, but my goal is 150... WE CAN ALL DO THIS TOGETHER!!
  • ntbck8
    ntbck8 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. My weight has been up and down all my life and after my last kids I fell in a slump and gained everything I had lost plus some. I started about a month ago. My blood pressure has never home down since having the twins and they as 17 months now. I've had a few scares healthwise and with 6 kids that's not cool. I'm 39 years old. I started at 234 I've lost bout 24 lbs total but am shooting for a once and for all healthy weight of 134.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My weight shot up in 2004, has roller coastered quite a bit, now that school is done, I'm going to get things under control
    Add me!
  • MatthewG1973
    MatthewG1973 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi all, please feel free to add me as well. We all need a good friend every now and then.
  • Angle_Ah
    Angle_Ah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend!!! I need support as well
  • LarryStockman
    LarryStockman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm in the same boat as most of you. Please feel free in adding me to your friends list.
  • laineywood113
    laineywood113 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Please add me as a friend. I got scared when the doctor finally said "you're already taking two meds for high blood pressure and you're three points away from officially being diabetic. When are you going to start taking care of yourself?"

My husband left me September 2015 after twenty years of marriage. My finances are a hot mess as well. It's time for a new me! A healthier me. At my heaviest I
    was 294 and got down to 227. That was three years ago. My weight got back up to 288 and since May I've lost 17 lbs. My goal weight is 175 but I'll be happy at 195!

I've added everyone in this thread. I need your support. I'm sitting on a plateau for the last 4 weeks. My grocery shopping and meal planning are horrible! I need help!
  • naomijjensen1
    naomijjensen1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I COULD USE SOME SUPPORT TOO ADD ME MY
    CW: 241 GOAL 180 READY TO GET BACK ON TRACK!!!!