My Simple 600 Calorie Pizza Recipe

Options
stardust_1992
stardust_1992 Posts: 13 Member
What you need:

1 Warburton soft easy wrap
1 Tin of tomatoes (chopped or plum, but no skin)
2 garlic cloves
half a chilli (if you like it spicey, add a bit more, but remember once its in there, it cant come out)
1 large or 2 medium Onions
A handful of mushrooms
your favorite herbs
50 - 75g Mozzarella
salt, pepper, and sugar
That 1 cal per spray stuff

1) chop the onions and mushrooms into small pieces. Smaller the pieces, quicker they cook. and very finely chop the chilli.

2) Slowly fry them in a pan until soft using a few 1 cal sprays of oil.

3) Mince the garlic cloves and add to the pan for a few minutes.

4) Add the tin of tomatoes and cook on a low heat until the tomatoes are done. If they are plum tomatoes, chop them up in the pan.

5) Add it all to the blender and blend until smooth, or mash it up with a potato masher. I've got one of them smoothie machines, I use that. If you like your sauce a bit chunky, don't put it all in the blender.

6) Add the herbs and have a taste. add salt pepper and sugar to your liking. I normally go 1 good pinch of salt and 1 - 1.5 teaspoons of sugar.

7) Thats the sauce done. Now put the wrap on a baking tray and put the sauce on to the wrap. I like mine quite saucy so 3 - 4 tablespoons does the job for me. Make sure you get right to the edge of the bread.

8) Add your toppings of choice. I go for slices of beef tomatoes, with salami or a couple of chopped low fat sausages (pre cooked on my george forman), some onions and mushrooms that didnt go into the sauce, and topped with Mozzarella. If I've not eaten many calories I'll have 75g, but 50g will do.

9) Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes on gas mark 6. If its not brown enough for you, stick it under the grill for a few more minutes. Done.

I can make about 4 or 5 of these pizzas with the amount of sauce I get from 1 tin of tomatoes. Any left over sauce I have, I use with some tuna and pasta a day or 2 after. But the family like my pizzas so there has only been left over sauce the first time I made it.

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a really good recipe, but not for someone on a low sodium diet. One of those has from 1100-1300mg sodium.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I am not slamming your recipe, but how do you know that its 600 calories, based on what you have written down? Is that a 19 ounce can of tomatoes or a 28 ounce can? How big is the chili pepper? Whats a handful of mushrooms? (I know its not much) and whats a Warburton wrap? For this to be tempting to me, I would need to have a few more details and I would love it if you could provide those - thanks!
  • stardust_1992
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    That sounds like a really good recipe, but not for someone on a low sodium diet. One of those has from 1100-1300mg sodium.

According to the the myfitnesspal app, there's about 750mg sodium, but we both know sometimes it is inaccurate, so you could be right.
    Next time I make one I'll count it up from the packaging. I never take any real notice of sodium, just calories, carbs, fat and protein.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »

According to the the myfitnesspal app, there's about 750mg sodium, but we both know sometimes it is inaccurate, so you could be right.
    Next time I make one I'll count it up from the packaging. I never take any real notice of sodium, just calories, carbs, fat and protein.

That probably doesn't account for the sodium in the mozzarella [175mg/25g] and the extra salt. As for the sodium in the easy wrap, I got that from Warburton's site.
  • stardust_1992
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    I am not slamming your recipe, but how do you know that its 600 calories, based on what you have written down? Is that a 19 ounce can of tomatoes or a 28 ounce can? How big is the chili pepper? Whats a handful of mushrooms? (I know its not much) and whats a Warburton wrap? For this to be tempting to me, I would need to have a few more details and I would love it if you could provide those - thanks!

Its not 600 calories exactly. Obviously it will change with the toppings you want. The one I made last night had 2 low fat pork sausages, 75g Mozzarella, and a few onions left over from the sauce. and that came to 694 calories. If you just fancied mozzarella with nothing else, Id guess that it would come in under 600 calories.

I added up the calories on the label as I cooked it. I scanned it with the app and double checked against the packaging, and I measured everything out using analogue scales.

The Warburton wrap is a flat bread available here in the UK. Here's a link. If your elsewhere in the world, you may call it something else. http://www.warburtons.co.uk/products/wraps-thins-pittas/wraps/5-soft-white-wraps

The chilli is just to add a bit of spice to it. You dont need that. You put what you want in it. This is just how I make it.

A handful of mushrooms to me is about 3 chopped medium mushrooms. About 20g worth.

And the tomatoes is just a standard UK tin. 400g, so for you it would be the 19oz can.
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is epic, now I just need to find a U.S. alternative to that brand.
  • stardust_1992
    Options
    norie92 wrote: »

I hope you find a US alternative and give it a try. When you do, let me know what you think =D
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    norie92 wrote: »

Easy:

http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/thin-crust-artisan-pizza/

• st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Speaking of 600 calorie pizza, I have one that I made last week :smile: it's different from yours, but I thought I would share
    5jqmfotbsval.pngehfjzfugk361.png
    The calories for the chicken is off in the recipe, but I only used around 1 oz of chicken anyways
  • stardust_1992
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    Speaking of 600 calorie pizza, I have one that I made last week :smile: it's different from yours, but I thought I would share

That looks tasty! Did you make the base yourself?

• st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's super easy! It's just cauliflower, cheese, and an egg. I used this website:
    http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/
  • stardust_1992
    Options

Yeah, it's super easy! It's just cauliflower, cheese, and an egg. I used this website:
    http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/

I'll give that one a try next time I make a pizza. get another vegetable in my diet. Thanks st476