Drinking Habits....

Options
*NO JUDGEMETS PLEASE*
*If your going to comment about Just drinking Water, please don't comment)
Ok. I KNOW Water is best, BUT I'm looking for Other options.
I can barely get a bottle of water down. (Yes, I've tried adding a lemon)
I've looked at the packets but they all have some sort of Calories. The flavored water I found has aspartame in it.
We're on a low budget so I can't afford to go buy the higher end priced stuff.
I do drink some G2 or POWERade Zero but there's only a few flavors and I get tired out on them.

Replies

• Amanda_Bullock120
    Amanda_Bullock120 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have you tried emergen c vitamin c packets? having some sort of cals is better than being chronically dehydrated. And who knows, once you have a constant state of hydration you may lose some water weight. good luck
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've developed a new liking for club soda. Nice and cold, pop a few pieces of fruit for flavour if you'd like, and it does the trick for me.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Green tea?
  • rstebner
    rstebner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try adding fruit to your water (not just lemon). Cut up strawberries, or watermelon, or cucumber and put it in the water. Adds flavor without a ton of processed or fake sugars.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Ice tea? Sparkling water with fruit essence? I like Poland Spring sparkling in all flavors. I never like water either but learned that I love it but only ICE cold.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I love my Soda Stream.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I love home brewed tea. You can flavor with fruit or mint or a small amount of sugar or Diet sweetener, or just drink it plain
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I like La Croix. Then again, I like flavored waters and diet ginger ales too and don't care about artificial sweetener. I also make tea (usually herbal) and chill it.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i love the flavored seltzer waters and they are zero calories...or you could try adding fruits or mint or other herb to regular water for infused water. what about tea?
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not judging you personally but it's hard for me to comprehend not being "able" to drink water. Anyways, I love my water but I also drink a lot of green tea. I occasionally allow myself a fresca or Sprite 0 because I love the fizziness. I have a ice tea brewer and I love it. I think I got it for like $10.00 and I just do iced tea with stevia or 0 cal sweetener.

There's just not a lot of "good" stuff (besides fruits) to flavor your water. Fruit can get expensive too.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I can handle water, but usually I add a single serve pack to a 20 oz bottle of water [they're made for 16.9oz bottles, but I've adapted to the flavor of the more diluted drink]. As for artificial sweeteners, is your only issues with aspartame? I tend to use Splenda myself.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Unless aspartame causes you to have a negative reaction (like nausea or a headache), there's nothing wrong with it.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm not a water drinker, but when I do I go for flavored sparkling water. They have them at CVS, super-cheap.
    Personally, my go-to is Coke Zero.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking tap water? Would a filter help? I hate the taste of certain waters - most tap water, and some bottled like Dasani, and Aquafina are just horrible tasting to me. I have a filter at home, and that helps a lot. I also put my water into a bottle with a straw, which helps me just suck a bunch down before I even taste it.

There is also a study floating about that says water isn't necessarily the most hydrating thing to drink, and things like coffee and beer aren't as dehydrating as previously thought. So find a fluid you do like, and drink that...just realize pretty much only water is going to be no calories and no other additives, so you will need to track anything else you drink as you would your food. Even diet drinks, if zero calories, have other additives such as sodium, etc.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a specific medical condition that requires it, there is no reason to avoid aspartame.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Watermelon! I've been peeing like crazy!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Yum, I 2nd the watermelon! Particularly since it's 100 degrees here right now. And cucumbers and celery. I also use those foods to infuse my water. Refreshing and a nice change of pace.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    What about cordial/dilute fruit juice. You can get some with no added sugar so has very few calories.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I started Atkins I couldn't drink plain water either. They let you have Crystal light so I drank a lot of that. Over the years by sticking with it, drinking water became easier.

Or try weaning yourself to it. I had to do that to learn to tolerate skim milk. I started with 75% whole milk & 25% 2%, when I got down to all 2%, I started over with 1%, then again to skim. I still don't like skim but find that 1 or 2% is just fine.

So start with actual lemonade sugar & all, then gradually move to water.