How do I log jumping on a trampoline?

Options
st476
st476 Posts: 357 Member
edited July 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm taking my brother to Sky Zone tomorrow (an indoor trampoline park type place) for an hour, so that would be maybe 45 minutes of jumping. How do I log that? Or does anyone know roughly how many calories it would burn? I'm 5'4 and 128 pounds :)

Edit: I just used some calculator I found online and it says jumping on a trampoline burns 150 calories/hour for someone my height, weight and age. Does that sound accurate? I thought it would be more than that.

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Do you mean a little rebounder or a large trampoline where you have time to do front flips?
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    There's no way to get an accurate estimation of your calorie burn without a heart rate monitor to gauge your exertion level. If you try, you'll probably end up massively overestimating.

In all honesty, I wouldn't log something like that. I don't log everything I do, I only log purposeful exercise that is done to enhance my fitness level. So if I work out/exercise/run as a physical activity for my health, then I log it because I want to track my activity, not for the calorie burn. If I take the dog for a walk, I don't log that because that's just me living my life, part of my TDEE, not planned exercise for my fitness/strength goals. Does that make sense?

To each their own, but I find you're better off focusing on calories in/calories out than tracking extracurricular activities like that. Just my $0.02. I'd just go and have fun, don't worry about the calories.
  • st476
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Do you mean a little rebounder or a large trampoline where you have time to do front flips?
    It's basically multiple rooms where the entire floor is made from trampoline haha
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,542 Member
    Options
    I did that yesterday at my DD's birthday party. I didn't count it. Fun stuff like that to me is just "extra credit".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    The have fitness classes at skyzone and advertise 1000 cal hour...I want to try one but I'm scared lol

I am going tomorrow for the purpose of some exercise..I don't have a hr so I don't know. I know it's hard work but don't know how to count it...I don't eat my exercise cal so as long as I'm working my hardest I'm happy.
  • st476
    Options
    There's no way to get an accurate estimation of your calorie burn without a heart rate monitor to gauge your exertion level. If you try, you'll probably end up massively overestimating.

In all honesty, I wouldn't log something like that. I don't log everything I do, I only log purposeful exercise that is done to enhance my fitness level. So if I work out/exercise/run as a physical activity for my health, then I log it because I want to track my activity, not for the calorie burn. If I take the dog for a walk, I don't log that because that's just me living my life, part of my TDEE, not planned exercise for my fitness/strength goals. Does that make sense?

To each their own, but I find you're better off focusing on calories in/calories out than tracking extracurricular activities like that. Just my $0.02. I'd just go and have fun, don't worry about the calories.
    I would use my Fitbit but I can't find the charger so I can't. I don't do much exercise except walking so that's why I wanted to log it. I like my net calories for the week to be as accurate as possible because I don't have much left to lose haha. It makes sense not to log the small things for someone who works out a lot and/or isn't really focused on losing weight as much as working on their fitness, but it doesn't really make much sense for someone like me. But I'll probably just go with 100 calories :smile:
  • st476
    Options
    The have fitness classes at skyzone and advertise 1000 cal hour...I want to try one but I'm scared lol

I am going tomorrow for the purpose of some exercise..I don't have a hr so I don't know. I know it's hard work but don't know how to count it...I don't eat my exercise cal so as long as I'm working my hardest I'm happy.
    I'm sure at the fitness classes they're doing a lot more than just jumping in order to burn 1000 an hour haha but that sounds intense! Good luck :smile:
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but that sounds like so much fun! Wish we had something like that where I'm from!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

SkyZone. So all the flips. Or dodgeball.

Can definitely be some decent calorie burns. Or can be barely any at all. Depends on the intensity.
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That sounds so fun! I understand what you mean about wanting to be accurate with recording calories burned. I would look up some estimates, average them, and then log 75% of whatever the average comes out to be. That way you get credit for it but you're less likely to overestimate the burn. But whatever you do, have fun!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I don't log it when there as I don't exercise or any activity for weight change.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I don't log it when there as I don't exercise or any activity for weight change.

Wut?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This site gives calorie burn estimates

http://www.jumpsport.com/Home/Benefits-of-Rebounding
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    I looked this up as well after going to Sky Zone! I made my own exercise. 1 hour = 100 calories. I pulled data off of SparkPeople for this activity. But I did divide it by 2, so I believe SparkPeople would say 1 hour = 200 calories. That was at a weight of 138 lb though. So check out this link:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=136

I took the result and divided by 2.