NON-EGG GRAIN FREE BREAKFAST IDEAS??!

Options
a0akley
a0akley Posts: 36 Member
To clarify from the beginning, I am not anti carb or anything, just choose to minimize grains because they bother my stomach and I feel so much better without. I however am at a point where I CANNOT.EAT.ANY.MORE.EGGS. Would love some other ideas, thanks!

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Granola cereal
    Tofu scramble
    Fruit smoothie
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - Spray oil, chopped onion, crumbled tofu, season w salt, pepper, garlic powder and a tad of tumeric, eat w ketchup yum.
    - Fried spinach w sunflower seeds
    - Bananna and Greek yogurt w honey
    - Cottage cheese and berries
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I just do a smoothie with protein powder because it's quick. I just do different fruit if I get bored with a particular blend.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    1. protein shake
    2. fruit smoothie
    3. greek yogurt w/ honey and fruit
    4. A banana and a protein bar
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Granola cereal
    Tofu scramble
    Fruit smoothie

My bad. Scratch the oats. :blush:
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Almond meal or coconut meal pancakes. Google for the recipe. Spoiler alert, they do contain eggs, but they don't taste like eggs.
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Granola cereal
    Tofu scramble
    Fruit smoothie

My bad. Scratch the oats. :blush:

They make grain free granola, I eat it with yogurt often when i'm tired of eggs.

If your not opposed I often just eat leftover non traditional breakfast food for breakfast. Shredded sweet potatoes, ground turkey, veggies. I make grain free protein bars sometimes (there are a bunch of recipes online).
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I do a fruit smoothie with protein powder in the summer
    but winter it's egg muffins (all different types)

maybe its' the way you cook the eggs...have you tried different methods
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Seriously, the nut meal pancakes. I make a huge batch of them on the weekend and put them in the fridge. Then it is easy to nuke 'em along with some pre-cooked bacon or sausage for a quick, delicious breakfast.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Bacon!!!

Sometimes if I am in a hurry I will just grab a couple of cheese sticks and an apple, or some hummus or guac and sliced bell pepper.
  • a0akley
    a0akley Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    BABetter1 wrote: »
    Seriously, the nut meal pancakes. I make a huge batch of them on the weekend and put them in the fridge. Then it is easy to nuke 'em along with some pre-cooked bacon or sausage for a quick, delicious breakfast.

What are the nutrition stats on them please?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Bacon!!!

Sometimes if I am in a hurry I will just grab a couple of cheese sticks and an apple, or some hummus or guac and sliced bell pepper.

This. All of the bacon. Oh, and sausage. Oh, and literally anything else in the world that isn't the two things you mentioned. I quit thinking of things as "breakfast food", "dinner food" and such a long time ago.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

Ham and apples cooked together in the same skillet.
  • catgerm
    catgerm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It sounds kinda gross...but I think it tastes good.

Roasted sweet potatoes with onions (I make a big batch that will last for most of the week). I warm up a scoop of them and then add cottage cheese.

It keeps me full until lunch .

Good luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Anything you want...breakfast doesn't have to be stereotypical breakfast foods...I had some leftover ham and mashed potatoes this morning.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Something non breakfasty.

Or if you want some combination of breakfasty stuff, take some combination of nuts, fruit, dairy, potatoes, veg, meat.

For example, in the summer/fall I often like smoothies made with vegetables (including greens, but also summer or winter squash, green peppers, cucumbers, avocados, whatever I have that seems good), some berries, and some protein (powder or greek yogurt), often with homemade nut milk and/or extra dairy.

I've often had leftover dinner for breakfast, and went through a stage where I enjoyed salads with protein at breakfast.

Beans and rice with some vegetables is a nice replacement for a savory oatmeal, but technically rice is a grain, so.

Quick and easy: combination of raw veg, piece of fruit, cottage cheese or smoked salmon, some nuts.

Traditional: sauteed potatoes with bacon, add some sauteed veg.

Millions of options, though.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Hashed shredded (or quartered) brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes w bacon or sausage. Sometimes sub chickpeas for the sweet potato.

My family is originally from a small fishing village, and sometimes we go back to our roots and just grill or broil a fish for breakfast (could be fresh salmon, could be trout).
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing this thing around the web about sweet potato toast. You slice up a sweet potato and stick it in your toaster a few times until it's cooked. Then you put avocado or butter or savory jam or whatever on it. I've been wanting to try it.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Steak
    Chicken
    Pork
    Fish
    Bacon
    etc

Pretty much anything you want that isn't/aren't eggs and/or grains.