Should you put your fruits & veggies in your diary?

Options
2»

Replies

• SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Yes, put them in. Fruits are healthy, but they have a lot of carbs and sugars. so if you are watching carbs and sugars you really need to log them. And as for veggies - it depends on the veggie - but I would still log them. When you're under calories fruits and veggies are a good source of heathy calories!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    If you are doing the MFP thing and counting calories, you should log everything. If you want fruits and veggies to be "free calories" then try weight watchers. Some programs work for some and others work for others. Best of luck!
  • Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Looking at my diary for today, more than a third of my calories came from fruit and veg, so I'd say keep on tracking them or you could end up way off where you think you are!
  • soundjunkie
    soundjunkie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are headed down the long river of d Nile. A calorie is a calorie. Is a celery stick, a radish or a handful of lettuce going to amount to anything? Probably not. But most other vegetables and all fruits have some calories. The benefit of eating fruits and vegetables is that the calorie count is VERY LOW, compared to any other food. And the health benefits are incredible. A daily menu of at least three servings of fruits, three servings or more of vegetables and small amount of lean protein, including beans, peas and legumes and good fats is the key to success. Stay away from and eat in strict moderation any packaged or processed food including cereals, breads and pasta. My cheap two cents anyways.
  • ivy2009
    ivy2009 Posts: 75
    Options
    Yes. A banana has 80 to 110 calories depending on the size. Same as a cup of low fat yogurt. A small/medium apple has 50 to 60 calories. A cup of bluberries has about 80. These are all excellent foods and you should eat them, but you have to track them.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i log everything that has calories! the only thing i don't log is the couple drops of lime juice i like to add to my water and the nutrition facts on the container say it has 0 calories.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've had moments since switching from Weight Watchers to My Fitness Pal that I have wondered about this exact thing. WW let me eat unlimited fruits and veggies, and MFP does not.

I actually think that it's better for me to track them all, even though some have very few calories. That being said... I was losing just fine on WW, without counting them. But WW and MFP are two different animals, so now I count them! :-)