Not seeing results :(

Options
SW:310. CW:280.
Hi all, I am getting frustrated and it's getting very hard to stay motivated when literally nothing has changed after 30 pounds lost. I know because my starting weight is so high it will take longer before I see results but I figured something would be different by now... Any ideas on how to stay motivated? And for others with around my same stats, when did you start seeing results? Thanks

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You've lost nearly 10% of your bodyweight. That is great progress. I know it's tough but hang in there. It does take a long time to see results when you are bigger. Taking measurements may help. I started at 202.5 and started recognizing changes in the mirror somewhere in the 170s.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Well, you've lost 10% of your body weight, so that's not nothing. What kinds of results are you expecting to see? Have you been taking measurements, and have you been taking them correctly? What about monthly progress pictures? Honestly, since your starting weight is so high, it might be awhile until you see visible changes, and those visible changes may come in unexpected places. (I lost a bunch of weight when I was younger, and the first place I saw a difference was in my elbows).
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Don't despair! FWIW, I'm just NOW convinced that I'm a bit smaller... after losing almost 50lbs. The proof was in the pudding - or, in this case, a pair of pants that used to be cozy-snug and are now comically large.

Take before and after pictures every so often! It's hard to notice changes in the mirror. But in a full-body photo? Much easier :>
  • AprilHead
    AprilHead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of weight! I think you should give yourself credit and keep it up!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    mlsmith215 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am getting frustrated and it's getting very hard to stay motivated when literally nothing has changed after 30 pounds lost. I know because my starting weight is so high it will take longer before I see results but I figured something would be different by now... Any ideas on how to stay motivated? And for others with around my same stats, when did you start seeing results? Thanks
    You might want to try low carb high fat (LCHF) check out dietdoctor.com. I have been doing low carb since January 2106 and have lost 80 pounds without exercise in 6 months, still losing and not hungry

• scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    You might want to try low carb high fat (LCHF) check out dietdoctor.com. I have been doing low carb since January 2106 and have lost 80 pounds without exercise in 6 months, still losing and not hungry

Thus may work for you but OP has succeeded without a diet that's not for most people.

OP, 30lbs is the volume of a bed pillow, you just don't notice the cupfull a day! Use clothes to highlight the losses.
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged OP, you are doing really well
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    scoii wrote: »

Thus may work for you but OP has succeeded without a diet that's not for most people.

OP, 30lbs is the volume of a bed pillow, you just don't notice the cupfull a day! Use clothes to highlight the losses.

they were looking for ideas and i gave one.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Are you Marty McFly or John Titor? Anyway, OP doesn't need LCHF or that website.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Remember, when medical studies talk about the "benefits of weight loss" for health?

They're usually talking about a 10% loss. That's how they define "success."

You are *already* successful. You have already made a huge difference and improved your health and outlook.

It can be very discouraging, because the world defines "success" as "getting to BMI 21," and success is SO MUCH more than that. You *are* seeing results! You are *living* results!
  • rokos2
    rokos2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you are doing awesome. don't give up. i was 210, 126 days later i am 180, and i honestly can't see a huge difference. its all in your/our head :) there is a difference keep doing what you are doing.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    scoii wrote: »

they were looking for ideas and i gave one.

You gave an idea that has nothing to do with their concerns.