Pokemon GO

Options
2»

Replies

• laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Also, I run and bike while not playing the game. I understand the frustration of being cut off. I have taught my kids to hold the phone at their side, look up while you walk, stay to the right, when you feel the phone buzz (you have a Pokemon) before you stop, step off the path. THEN they are allowed to catch it. And look both ways before you step back on the path. You're going to have idiots not paying attention no matter what. The game just accentuates their unawareness.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Catnipp_ wrote: »
    Has anyone else been motivated to move more since Pokemon Go came out? I've been walking like crazy to be the very best, searching far and wide for Pokemon to catch! I love the egg hatching feature, I hit my 10km goal for one of my eggs and hatched an Aerodactyl! So what is your favorite Pokemon out of the original 150? Mine is Vulpix, also how has Pokemon GO impacted your fitness journey?

Charizard.... but only when he got upgraded to actually being able to use Fly in Silver and Gold.
  • Catnipp_
    Catnipp_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else been motivated to move more since Pokemon Go came out? I've been walking like crazy to be the very best, searching far and wide for Pokemon to catch! I love the egg hatching feature, I hit my 10km goal for one of my eggs and hatched an Aerodactyl! So what is your favorite Pokemon out of the original 150? Mine is Vulpix, also how has Pokemon GO impacted your fitness journey?

Charizard.... but only when he got upgraded to actually being able to use Fly in Silver and Gold.

I still own my Game boy color and the original Pokemon silver, my GBC is so beat up! Also I am super excited for pokemon sun and moon.
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    DizzyMissIzzy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy with it.

My husband has been fighting me tooth and nail about getting exercise. We're both gamers, he more than I, so when this came out we leaped out of our chairs and have been walking at LEAST half an hour if not multiple hours a day together.

We're having friends over tonight and instead of all sitting on our butts eating junk and playing games, we're all going for a long walk together.

I've even met my neighbors (we just moved to a new house) because everyone is outside catching Pokemon <3

Also, the nostalgia is amazing. I was REALLY into Pokemon as a kid.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

I still own my Game boy color and the original Pokemon silver, my GBC is so beat up! Also I am super excited for pokemon sun and moon.

i may be considering getting a new gameboy... but i did that for b&w 2 and the game was only about half finished. it's too big, and too much going on.
  • missvyris
    missvyris Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Pokemon GO! I hatched a couple of 10k eggs already (and close to the 100km walked medal). One was a Lapras, which is my favorite Pokemon. I get out a lot more now. The battery drain won't be a problem for much longer either. I just got my power bank and I've also ordered a solar charger :)
  • starryvagabond
    starryvagabond Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes. I walk every day now because of Pokemon Go. Yesterday me and a friend walked five miles downtown playing Pokemon Go. I'm hoping that if I do it every day, it will get me back into shape. :) Was trying to find a Pokemon Go group on here for support... anyone know of one?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    my husband is not into exercise....he is a gamer. He walked over 35k in 3 days...got home today after a 12 hour shift...showered, ate and went for a walk...without me....*grumbles*

I suspect we will be out tonight for about an hour.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    naculp wrote: »
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I love it!! I usually go for runs everyday but this app just makes me enjoy it more!!! Although I do think the egg hatching feature is quite clever, it kinda bugs me that you have to have the app open for it to count because the app drains my battery like INSANELY fast!

I haven't been using it much but read an article the other day talking about the battery saving feature in the settings. It allows the screen to be off but the game to still run, I believe. It's the display that drains the battery so fast. Another option should be to turn the brightness of your screen as low as possible (which can be difficult in bright sunlight, I know!) to conserve battery.

With the battery saver option checked, turn your phone upside down, holding it at hip level. The screen will go really dark with a faint logo, but the game will still track your position and alert you when a pokemon is nearby

The app consistently crashes for me when I turn the battery saver on.

us too and when we pass by Tim Horton's wi fi...*grumbles*

power bank it is.
  • aashwill
    aashwill Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Makes me want to get a smart phone. Currently I have to take my wife's phone outside to catch pokemon for her.
  • cmvmph
    cmvmph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can see there are a lot of people who already have great fitness habits here. Which is great! But working out is always on the backburner for me with how crazy busy my life has been the last couple of years. Pokemon go has been a great excuse to walk outside in the beautiful weather with a goal in mind. Well, before this horrid heatwave.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    aashwill wrote: »
    Makes me want to get a smart phone. Currently I have to take my wife's phone outside to catch pokemon for her.

primative