Time Travel

Options
jimgregg724
jimgregg724 Posts: 30 Member
Imagine, if you will, you found a portal for time travel. The portal will take you wherever you wanted to go, in the past. You only have one choice for the time period you choose yet you can travel to that time as often as you want. Which time period would you choose, where would you go, what would you do, and why?

Replies

• jimgregg724
    Options
    Interesting. I got this idea from a book I just finished by Stephen King titled, 11.22.63 which is about time travel and trying to save Kennedy.

Remember, the theory about time travel is you go back in time as the person you are, not the person you were. So, in theory I you go back to a time when you went to prom, you'd actually see yourself at the prom.

There are so many time periods I'd like to travel back to... Colonial times, Civil War era, WWII, etc. so many places, no way to get there... Yet!
  • jimgregg724
    Options
    Also remember, making changes to the past, even small ones, can have great catastrophic event changes in the future...

However... Bin Ladin would be exterminated when Ollie North tried to hand him to the Clinton Administration back in the 90's and they said he wasn't a threat.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I would want to go back in time. I wouldn't want have a butterfly effect on anything that's currently happening.

If I had to chose I would want to go back to just before I graduated High School and tell myself not to get sloppy with my workouts and stay in shape.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'd go to Woodstock in 1969, even though existing before I was born could possibly rip the fabric of the universe..
    This reminds me of that famous photo from 1941 with the time traveling guy...
    v2us5nu9fnjs.jpeg
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I got this idea from a book I just finished by Stephen King titled, 11.22.63 which is about time travel and trying to save Kennedy.

Remember, the theory about time travel is you go back in time as the person you are, not the person you were. So, in theory I you go back to a time when you went to prom, you'd actually see yourself at the prom.

There are so many time periods I'd like to travel back to... Colonial times, Civil War era, WWII, etc. so many places, no way to get there... Yet!

great book!!! I read it about 6 months ago :)

• RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    1982...leave a note at a lawyer's office, to me... BUY as much Microsoft as I can, then sell high and buy low for the next 20 years then track down Zuckerburg in 2001 and finance Facebook.
  • jimgregg724
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    1982...leave a note at a lawyer's office, to me... BUY as much Microsoft as I can, then sell high and buy low for the next 20 years then track down Zuckerburg in 2001 and finance Facebook.

Excellent idea!!

I like it
  • jimgregg724
    Options

great book!!! I read it about 6 months ago :)

I couldn't put the book away. I actually listened to it in iBooks on my iPhone. 32 hours of listening pleasure. I understand HULU made an 8-part mini series. I want to watch it next.
  • jimgregg724
    Options
    I'd go to Woodstock in 1969, even though existing before I was born could possibly rip the fabric of the universe..
    v2us5nu9fnjs.jpeg

I've seen that pic before and it amazes everyone who reports on it. Silk-screening t-shirts wasn't even invented yet. Go to YouTube and search time travel. You'll be amazed at some of the stuff caught on camera.
  • jimgregg724
    Options
    v2us5nu9fnjs.jpeg

I've seen that pic before and it amazes everyone who reports on it. Silk-screening t-shirts wasn't even invented yet. Go to YouTube and search time travel. You'll be amazed at some of the stuff caught on camera.

if i recall correctly the glasses he's wearing were around in the 20's. the side pieces are made of leather. his shirt was supposedly just a sweater with a college logo or something? i can't remember for sure.

If I remember correctly, it was more focused on the silkscreening and his hairstyle. The dude is completely sticking out like a sore thumb!!
  • jimgregg724
    Options
    I would go back and solve mysteries. Jack the Ripper... The Black Dahlia... Kennedy assassination. Just to name a few.
  • phrunch
    phrunch Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I mean, as a female, this is a really good time to be alive.

If I could go back as a rich, white dude I would choose post conquest England circa 1100. Then join a nunnery and be a female scribe with a cat and live my life without any bothers.
  • billutzman
    billutzman Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Definitely colonial period
  • tammmers83
    tammmers83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    if we can only go into our past timeline and relive part of our own lives over and over again- i'd go back to my high school prom weekend. it was a good one. one of those perfect shiny moments that hasn't tarnished over the years. i wouldn't change anything.

if we can go to ANY where and ANY when- I think I'd go to Dallas in November of 63 and try to save Kennedy. i personally think there were multiple shooters that day and if i can go back as many times as i needed i could eventually solve it and stop it from happening. my parents were both little kids living nearby when it happened too. i think i could make time to see them both as well.

Theres a show on hulu about this..... 11.22.63...... #theif
  • tammmers83
    tammmers83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Times like pirate of the Caribbean! Yarrrrr!
  • madguru7
    madguru7 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Why would you assume that I'm not already here from the future?
  • jimgregg724
    Options
    madguru7 wrote: »
    Why would you assume that I'm not already here from the future?

Take me with you!!