Deviled eggs recipes?

Options
sarahbrownprice
sarahbrownprice Posts: 9 Member
I am going to a potluck bbq for my great nephews first birthday party this Saturday and was wondering if anyone has a great recipe. I have never made them before and I tried to call my mom for her recipe she eyeballs the ingredients and I kinda want to be able to put the recipe in here so I can know the calories. Thanks.

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Creamy-Dreamy-Deviled-Eggs-1615875

I don't like deviled eggs, but I've made these a few times for my sister. She seems to like them.
  • sarahbrownprice
    Options
    Awesome, thank you. I will check it out.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,801 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love deviled eggs! :tongue: A lot of it is personal preference, so don't be shy about playing with the ingredients. Taste the mix as you go to see if you like it. My recipe is similar to coocoo's, except I don't use butter. Eggs vary in size, so you also may need to adjust how much mayo and mustard you use depending on how big the yolks are. The filling should not be liquid or runny, so add your mayo and mustard in smaller amounts to start.

I mash the yolks with a fork and add a little mustard and mayo, stir by hand, and then to make it creamy I use a hand mixer. I don't like lumpy deviled eggs.

If you like a more tangy taste you can make with Miracle Whip instead of mayo. I like to sprinkle mine with paprika for color and a little added flavor. If you need to transport to a party, the least-messy way is to put all the halved whites into a shallow baking dish and cover with plastic wrap or foil. Transport the filling in the piping bag, sealed in a ziploc bag. Then add the filling once you get to the party. :)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    My secret ingredient is pickle juice!
    (along with mayo & a tiny bit of mustard)
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I remember liking these when I tried them, but I'm also a ChileHead:

http://selfproclaimedfoodie.com/green-chile-deviled-eggs/
  • sarahbrownprice
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I need to ask my mom sometime how she makes hers. They're always so delicious that they often vanish within half an hour.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Rachael Ray has tons of recipes. From classic to very unique. I would search her website.