yummy versatile secret weapon miracle foods!

Options
what are your secret weapon diet foods that you ALWAYS keep around the house?

i couldn't live without:
- farm fresh eggs. i make 'em poached, scrambled with anything and everything, in wraps.
- flat out light wraps. only 90 calories and really delicious. they work as tortillas, sandwich bread, and i've even seen them used for pizza.
- frozen brown rice, for when i need some carbs in my life. i make a HUGE plate of brown fried rice with a bunch of veggies, edamame, egg, grilled chicken strips, sesame oil and soy sauce for under 500 calories.
- frozen salmon burgers from costco! 170 calories. i chop them up and put them in salads, sandwiches, stir fry, eggs, anything. great protein and omega-3s. here's me about to dig into a salmon salad with avocado!
75d4a0fa.jpg

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I always have raw nuts (almonds and walnuts, mostly) on hand.

Greek yogurt is a staple in my breakfast.

Frozen salmon fillets.

Fruit
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    whey protein
    greek yogurt
    frozen organic berries
    almonds & almond butter
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    fruit, almonds, yogurt, cottage cheese.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Cottage Cheese..........Booya!
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Ground turkey, salad greens, raw veggies in 5 lb bags, egg beaters
  • genineflores
    genineflores Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ground Flaxseed. I put it in my shakes, eat it like oatmel, make breads and other yummy stuff out of it! It is very high in fiber, and oh so good for you, and you just get used to it after a while. I started with it when I did a crazy cleanse diet, but it has become a coveted favorite of mine. The only thing is (as with most high fiber) you can't take it with your viatmins or supplements or they won't absorb properly.
  • aramina1
    aramina1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. Greek Yogurt. Nuts (Trader Joe's just a handful's to be specific)
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    -eggs

-canned chicken

- low carb tortilla wraps

- romaine lettuce

- string cheese

- rice cakes

- popcorn

- refried beans

- frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, peppers and onion)

- brown rice

- whole wheat pasta
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I've always loved fruit, but now that I'm watching calories and nutrients more closely, I have to have berries around the house. I usually have both fresh and frozen. I also always keep eggs on hand, and plenty of low-fat dairy (milk, Greek yogurt, cheese).
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    almonds, activia, fresh fruits and I try to always have a chicken breast cooked and in the frig, so meal prep is fast and easy. ( in stir fries, quesedillas, enchiladas, salads)
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    eggs, edamame, frozen stir fry veggies

i've recently been a convert to almonds, cashews and peaunts. turns out i had to fast all processed sugar & other foods before i cld appreciate the taste!

oh and ALL NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER!! i eat it straight out the jar when i feel like i need somethin sweet. i buy whatever's on sale so long as the only ingredients are peanuts & salt. some "natural peanut butters" have preservatives (blech!) it's amazing how one tablespoon of pb can kill a sweet craving :-D

oh yeah... BUMP! i wanna see what other people are stockin thier pantries/fridges with :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't think of them as diet foods but things I always have on hand are brown rice, beans (canned or dried), onions and garlic (I put them in everything!), flat out whole grain wraps, and frozen greens (when fresh aren't available from my garden).
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, boneless skinless chicken breast, Romaine lettuce and bagged salad mixes. Wishbone salad spritzer ranch vinagrette.