Healthy version of chicken-fried-steak fingers?

Options
mrnjen2009
mrnjen2009 Posts: 19 Member
Hi!

This was one of my favorite meals before I decided to become a calorie-counter addict. :tongue:
I'm wanting to make this meal, but before I take on all this fat, does anyone have an idea for a baked version?

Thanks!

Replies

• mrnjen2009
    Options
    Hi!

This was one of my favorite meals before I decided to become a calorie-counter addict. :tongue:
    I'm wanting to make this meal, but before I take on all this fat, does anyone have an idea for a baked version?

Thanks!
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    what is it? It sounds tasty!
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well sub out boneless chicken tenders for the steak first off.,

then dredge them in flour, then egg wash, then ground up cornflakes

Put them on a baking sheet and bake at 375 until done (25-30 minutes or so) . Turn over half way through baking.

I'm sure this is not exactly what you were thinking of but crunchy chicken tenders sound pretty good to me !!
  • mrnjen2009
    Options
    Daisy Jane... chicken fried steak fingers... similar to steak finger basket at DQ... yummy, but soooo bad for you! =(

Finzup, thanks! That sure does sound good!
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    LOL... Sorry, still none the wiser! DQ? I'm English you see.. I seem to have this problem a lot.... not knowing brands/foods etc!

However, if it's that tasty...maybe I'm better off in the dark :tongue:

Oh and while we're on the subject...what is Mountain Dew? Seems to come up a lot on these forums!
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Ha, ha...DQ...you must be from Texas! Because I am and I knew exactly what you were referring to! :laugh:
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    DQ is Dairy Queen its a fast food/ice cream place. And Mountan Dew its a citrus flavored soft drink. Full of sugar and caffiene.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    THREE LITTLE BEAUTIFUL WORDS---

SHAKE IT AND BAKE IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

well five words ...but do we have to count everything?

Shake and Bake is great...spicy version is nice

have fun'
    Dave:smile:
  • mrnjen2009
    Options
    thanks to all! your comments are greatly appreciated!

Oh-- and yes, Texas! Born and raised! =):heart:
  • laurajane81
    Options
    LOL... Sorry, still none the wiser! DQ? I'm English you see.. I seem to have this problem a lot.... not knowing brands/foods etc!

Oh and while we're on the subject...what is Mountain Dew? Seems to come up a lot on these forums!

Hey daisy im from the uk and dont know half the stuff on here.... it all sounds yummy tho and great ideas shame i cant get some off the stuff.....like egg beaters think it a egg white suppliment not sure......x
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Well sub out boneless chicken tenders for the steak first off.,

then dredge them in flour, then egg wash, then ground up cornflakes

Put them on a baking sheet and bake at 375 until done (25-30 minutes or so) . Turn over half way through baking.

I'm sure this is not exactly what you were thinking of but crunchy chicken tenders sound pretty good to me !!

I do the same but instead of cornflakes I use whole wheat flour
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    Ah! I wondered what an egg beater omlette was!!

Thanks for that!

I'm really into sainsbury's be good to yourself stuff at the moment. Their Hummus is ok!
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Yeah you got me the other day Daisy with the bacon, um round thingys....so I guess it goes both ways. And NO ONE should know what Mountain Dew is, it is the single worst soft drink ever created. I swear the people who drink it are addicts!
  • DaisyJane
    Options

Yeah you got me the other day Daisy with the bacon, um round thingys....so I guess it goes both ways. And NO ONE should know what Mountain Dew is, it is the single worst soft drink ever created. I swear the people who drink it are addicts!

True! Did you find the bacon medallions? I think I know what you mean about Mountain Dew...I used to have a bit of a problem with Red Bull! I'm reformed now though...:blushing: