Socks?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
My socks have been disappearing, probably eaten by the washing machine (I caught the thing trying to eat a blanket, so there's no doubt that it's where all the missing socks have gone!).

What kind of socks do you recommend for walking/running?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I am not brand loyal. I mostly find the wicking type socks, feel them a bit, and decide which ones to buy.

My biggest problem now is that my 9 year old's socks are the same size as mine. I bought her some new ones, not realizing how much they look like some of my exercise socks, and it has made sorting laundry a challenge.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I got and use these: Thirty48 Running Socks Unisex, CoolMax® Fabric Keeps Feet Cool & Dry.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    For running my favorite socks are from Balega, Smart Wool, Thorlo, Asics, and Lululemon.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003HC92LQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 i like these because they are durable and come up higher than my shoes which is nice in wet grass and mud. I bought my first pack in the winter to bridge the gap between my sweats and shoes but have just kept on buying them.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I buy the Addidas no-show anti-microbial socks when they're on sale at Costco. I wear them so often, I can't afford the fancy schmancy socks that a lot of people wear.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I like thin socks personally... my favorites are Smartwool PHDs, Swiftwick, and Features. In that order.
  • ToxDocAR
    ToxDocAR Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No show socks with the tab on the heal. I am really digging the Features I bought.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh man some of those are expensive, lol!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Whatever is on sale at the local Kohl's/Target.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Whatever is on sale at the local Kohl's/Target.

It's what I did for a while but the ones I've been using have started bothering me... it's really annoying when my feet get uncomfortable after one hour! So I need new socks...
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Any wool socks. Bought (and stocked up on) on clearance, ideally.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh man some of those are expensive, lol!

They last a long time though. Especially if you only wear them for exercise.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I mostly wear UA synthetic socks
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly loyal to one brand......I've got a few pairs of the Wright 2 ply wicking ones, some Asics low cut ones and some Smartwool merino wool ones for winter running.

I pretty much go for whatever is on sale.......
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Great compression socks by Feetures!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I like ankle socks with padded backs so they don't slide down into your shoe, made from synthetic soft fibers & not cotton.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    for running and walking I like Balega, for hiking I like Wigwam.