New clothes

Options
nowolga
nowolga Posts: 91 Member
How much weight did you lose before for you had to buy new clothes because you couldn't fit in your current clothes?

Replies

• emjam99
    emjam99 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Jeans it was about 10 pounds, and so on. Once I hit about 25-30 pounds off I went from larges to some mediums, after 45 I'm size small to medium in tops (I was large) and pants 6-7 (I was 10) dresses 5-7 (I was 10-11)
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I waited until I went down a pants size and I bought me a few pairs of shorts. Now I think I'm down another pants size but I'm going to wait to buy any more clothes, because it can get a bit expensive. I believe I've gone down a bra size as well, but I'm waiting to buy any bras. I'm mainly wearing sports bras now. My advice is buy clothes sparingly from time to time. Don't shell out a bunch of money though. I'd only buy like maybe a new pair of pants, a skirt, a shirt and possibly a bra if needed. Wait until you're half way to your goal weight until you really start shopping.
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It took me 40 pounds to let go of the "fat" clothes. Once someone at work told me what I was wearing was too big I realized I needed new clothes. So off to the sales racks and consignment shops I went.
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over 40 pounds down and I'm holding out for cooler weather. I've got some workout shorts that fit but I'm rolling or double rolling the tops of all my other shorts. I don't want to buy any new summer clothes because next year I want to be at goal (not even sure what that is right now). I have bought some cheap fitted tee's that will see me through the rest of this summer.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    About every 20 lbs. I've lost over 80 lbs so been doing a bit of shopping. I'm learning that dresses are better than pants at lasting longer!
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Close to 20lbs down and so far none, I just grab from the box of "skinny" clothes under the bed and chuck the larger sizes. Glad I kept the faith and held on to my favorite clothing.
  • ljnftw
    ljnftw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that most of my clothes since I have started to lose weight have come from Good Will or Salvation Army. So far I have gone from 48" pants to 34-36". And from XXXLarge to Large and Medium. I am down 42# and still have another 25 that I would love to drop.

Like Hyperbum I don't want to spend too much while I am still working on my weight.
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores are great! I think at around 15 pounds lost is where I started buying a size smaller pants. I still wear my XL shirts, but they're pretty baggy.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I went from a 24 to a 20 to a 16 to a 12 (all pants) over an 87 lbs loss. I'm a medium/large (size 10-12-14) in tops. I'm in need of new tops but I can't get away with them being bigger than I can pants.
  • wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs, and waited a few months before I bought new clothes, the old ones just hung off me, but it was very rewarding when I decieded to buy new and smaller
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Starting out, I was a size 14 pants and xl tops). I lost about 30-35 and remember trying on size 10 shorts and they were too loose. (Great surprise in the dressing room!!) I ended up in size 8 shorts and fitting into medium tops. During the size change 14 through 10, I was basically wearing exercise gear with drawl strings and pants with belts lol. Baby safety pins were involved, too. lol I did have a lot of size large tops in my basement which helped out a lot.
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm in this situation now. All my pants are too big, I've used pins, rubber bands and even binder clips to keep them up. School starts back on August 15th and my plan is to hopefully lose another 6lbs. that will put me at 50lbs. gone. I have a couple of dresses I can wear maybe I'll put a belt with it. My plan is two pair of pants and to use the shirts I have which are too big but I will tuck them in for now. I still want to lose another 50lbs. before I decide if I'm at my goal or not.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am "lucky" in that I have a lot of smaller clothes from before I gained weight. Right now, I am wearing pants that fit me prior to 40lbs lost and everyone is pretty much telling me to toss them. The problem is I'm in between. I am not buying anything new for a while. Not til I reach my goal I think.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    About every 5 kg (11 lbs) my clothes pretty much hang on me. Right now belt is the only thing saving me from anything embarrassing and my shoulders are taking care of my shirt somehow staying on me but it looks like someone just wrapped a tent around me. But I can't afford to buy clothes once a month and thrift stores don't have my size available that often. These just have to do for another 5 kg loss at least, then I probably need a new belt :neutral:
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I started at 263 about 10 months ago. I was in a tight 20/2X. I'm now ~225 and just starting to fit into size 16 and either XL or L depending on brand. I'm 5'4". Weight is coming off faster now and sizes changing a bit faster.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Quite a bit, actually, like 30+ lbs.
  • cglouie
    cglouie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Every 10-15 lbs, I'd go down a size so I'll buy the necessities to get me through the next 10-15 lb. Sometimes I'd stretch it out to 20 lbs. I have 5 lbs more to go until I get to maintenance and then I'll be splurging on a shopping spree to restock my closet with my permanent size. Can't wait!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!