Macaroni Grill

Options
I'm going to Romano's Macaroni Grill tonight for my MIL birthday. This will be my first trip to a regular restaurant since I started watching my calories. I've already looked at the menu online to see what their light options are. There isn't much to choose from! Either grilled chicken with broccoli and asparagus (I don't care for either veggie), salmon (don't like), some salad with tomato and mozerella (appetizer - doesn't sound filling), or capellini pomodoro. The capellini is less than 700 calories so that's still a lot. Has anyone had it before? Is it good? I'm gonna have a really hard time there. I LOVE caesar salad and won't be able to have it! I was also thinking of ordering whatever entree I want and just putting half of it in a box to take home...but I don't know if I trust myself to do that and not eat it all right there! I need some motivational words!

Replies

• megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Romano's Macaroni Grill tonight for my MIL birthday. This will be my first trip to a regular restaurant since I started watching my calories. I've already looked at the menu online to see what their light options are. There isn't much to choose from! Either grilled chicken with broccoli and asparagus (I don't care for either veggie), salmon (don't like), some salad with tomato and mozerella (appetizer - doesn't sound filling), or capellini pomodoro. The capellini is less than 700 calories so that's still a lot. Has anyone had it before? Is it good? I'm gonna have a really hard time there. I LOVE caesar salad and won't be able to have it! I was also thinking of ordering whatever entree I want and just putting half of it in a box to take home...but I don't know if I trust myself to do that and not eat it all right there! I need some motivational words!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Ask the waiter to put half in a box BEFORE they even give it to you, I've done that and they are happy to do it.
  • megbar1979
    Options
    Ooooh, good idea! Thanks!
  • jessbblonde
    jessbblonde Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ask the waiter to put half in a box before he/she brings it too you so no temptation and bring the box after you've eaten so it's not sitting there calling your name. if they have bread on the table just say no! tell them to take it away along with the oil.
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    yea what they said...:flowerforyou:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    another option is to have a light supper before you go, and then just order a small salad when you get there.... i've done that before many times. not only do you save calories, but money as well!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Can you workout extra today to add to your calories??? That is what I typically do if I have an event like that. Good luck and have a good time!
  • megbar1979
    Options
    Good ideas everyone, thanks!
  • megbar1979
    Options
    So I did some more research...the capellini tre pomodor only has 640 calories, so I think I'll get that. I still have 750 calories left for the day (not counting my exorcise calories) so this will work! I may even go about 40 calories over and treat myself to a KIDS sized caesar salad, since I love them so much. Thanks for the great ideas everyone, I'll use them whenever I eat out!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just be careful of salad and bread. Easy to go over when you add this.

You can also ask the waitress to go light on any oil they use.

Have a great time. Try to stay in your calories, but if not NO guilt!

Life is worth living! :drinker:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE Macaroni Grill. I went about once/month when I lived in Vegas and ALWAYS got the Pollo Magro - "skinny chicken". It comes with steamed broccoli - - - soooo good! Portion is filling, but doesn't leave you with the gross "full" feeling. ONLY 310 CALORIES AND 5 G FAT!!!

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I don't have one here in Lexington boo hooo :cry: :sad: