Compare yday to today....please

Options
I asked people to look at my diary yday for tips and suggestions as i was over my carbs. Now today i have really really tried (with the exception of a fairy cake!!!)

Im feeling good - but gone over again on sugar.

Will you peeps take another look at today and yday and tell me what you all think please? Im open to all suggestions

Thanks

Replies

• PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    Options
    All I'm seeing is that you're eating fruits, which totally add to your sugar. Unfortunately, MFP doesn't discern between sugar from fruit and sugar from junk food. I would take one of your servings of fruit, and replace it with veggies, and see if that helps.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I go over on Sugar count every day because I eat a lot of fruit. I don't care what MFP says... I replaced my Sugar column with Calcium. :)
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    anyone else got any more suggestions
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Most of your sugar is coming from natural sources i.e., fruit. I stopped tracking sugar specifically because I was always, always over, because every day I eat a lot of fruit. Since I am strongly opposed to the idea that sugar from fruit is as bad as sugar from some HFCS processed-food cr*p, I tracked fiber instead.

If you're ok on all your other areas, my advice is not to worry about sugars from fruit. I am one of those 'whole foods are not bad for you' types, so whole fruit (not juice), whole vegetables, whole grains and whole (unprocessed) protein is all good stuff.

Good luck with your weightloss!
  • sarahavery
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.....keepp em coming :laugh:
  • Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You're going to drive yourself crazy over this! Your diary looks great; you've eaten lots of fruit and veg and stayed within your calorie goals for the day. Like everyone else has said, it's just the natural sugars from fruit which are putting you a bit over on that one measure. What matters is that you're eating lots of fresh natural food and feeling good, so don't beat yourself up!
  • sarahavery
    Options
    i feel much better compared to yday.

And have a filling super dinner - for less calories than my lunch.

And sausages and fake mash (cauliflower) tastes much better than cardboard slices (ryvita) and "low fat - full of water and not much else" cheese :laugh: