Cize vs. Insanity vs. T25 ???

Options
I have all three programs at my disposal. I am 5'8" female trying to lose 60lbs to join the military. My run time is horrible, I can't do more than a couple pushups and I need something that will build strength to improve both while ALSO shedding fat (pretty quickly, which is a given I know).

Which program would work for me the best, for those goals? I have a tiny apartment with minimal space, and only about 30 min. (per workout) to do whichever one I choose. I am also walking/running at night 5-6 nights a week, in addition to whichever program I choose.

(and yes, I am already following the Beachbody Diet Plan and have been for 30 days now - down 20lbs already - so just have 60 more to go!!!)

Thanks for any tips, info or advice. :)

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    The one you enjoy and do consistently.
  • KristenG80
    KristenG80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was more looking for a comparison of the 3 because I don't know anyone who's ever done any of them, and maybe some insight on which one is better versus the others for my situation. Thanks, though.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    KristenG80 wrote: »
    I was more looking for a comparison of the 3 because I don't know anyone who's ever done any of them, and maybe some insight on which one is better versus the others for my situation. Thanks, though.

Well, Cize is dancing so if you like to dance that one would prolly be a good choice. T25 and Insanity are definitely more intense so if the intensity is what you are looking for that would be a good choice. T25 is shorter workout time than Insanity, so if you have 30 mins I think that would be good. So it is all a matter of personal choice.
  • teepotpie
    teepotpie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have done Cize and T25 - T25 will improve your fitness and strength more rapidly I would say. Like you, I couldn't many do push ups, sit ups etc, but I'm getting there with T25 now. Hubby does Insanity, but I chose T25 over that as I was worried about not being able to do it
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    T25 is intense IMO. Tough but not impossible. Cize is "fun" while exercising. I don't like dance so Cize is not for me.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Lots of people who complete T25 graduate to Insanity with great success! Good luck on your journey!
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you time line is but in terms of intensity/improvement Start with Cize, then do T25, then do Insanity. All that ( if you include the recovery week in Insanity) Is 23 weeks. At 1.5 pounds a week you should be about halfway to your goal by then. Sounds reasonable enough. :) Good luck!
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    To improve pushups and other items I would say T25. Insanity is great for just the calorie burn but not much for strength outside bodyweight items. it's more money and supposed to be really tough but 22 minutes hard corps might be more what you need to be ready for military
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I've only done CIZE and lost tons of inches (26) with it, and now after 3 rounds have moved to something harder with weights to burn more calories and fat. I'm doing Les Mills Body Combat because it was on sale but I was going to get T25. I love Sean T.
  • lvmamaduke
    lvmamaduke Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have done all three and love t25. It's only 25 mins Mon-Fri with stretching on Sundays and you don't need much room at all. T25 will help to build up to insanity. Cize is fun and it worked different muscles than t25 mostly in my back. Go with t25 then throw in cize when you want to change things up.
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have done them all and sounds like t25 would be good for you. its the one I do most frequently. it takes 30 mins. no nonsense. can it in a small space. if you can do a burpee you 'll have enough room. I love gamma its the only one of all of ones you mentioned that uses weights. alpha and beta are body weight based. you will be able to do press ups by the end!

insanity is great. but very repetitive. it also has a lot of jumping which might not suit if you have downstairs neighbours. harder on the joints too. it is at least 40 mins but 10 or so are stretching which can be enfuriating if you are pushed for time. longer workouts are an hour.

cize is good fun. but you need to be familiar with the routine before you can get a good cardio workout. its great for a rest day though. it wont help with strength. the 8 minute stomach routine is great if you have a few spare minutes. the other workouts are between 30 and 60 mins I think.
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've done all three and also have Insanity Max 30. Personally I think that one is the best bang for your buck. Insanity is a bit too long with all the stretching, Max 30 cuts all that out and just has the hard stuff. There are multiple dvd's to work on your pushups and strength. If you can't buy that one, then my first choice would be Insanity, just cut out some of the stretching after the warm up to save on time, next choice is T25. I didn't lose as much with T25 nor burn as many calories, but it's not too bad. Cize is a good calorie burn and is fun, maybe you could do that some nights instead of running.