How do you motivate yourself to loose weight?

Options
I have a problem trying to motivate myself to workout and eat better.

Replies

• KristaJeanMFP
    KristaJeanMFP Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ^^^Following. I have terrible anxiety and new things are not my forte. I just force myself to do it. Once I do it the first time- It gets easier. Sorry I'm not much help!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Stand if front of the mirror naked. That did it for me.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I look through the success stories thread on here and tell myself it'll be me posting mine one day :)
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I look at old photos. Then new ones. That helps me maintain my loss. I kept at it for more than my usual 3 to 4 months. I found out, yes I could beat the weight.
  • KristaJeanMFP
    KristaJeanMFP Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I prefer a more positive take on motivation. Like, how awesome you feel after a work out. Or when you can finally fit in to those old favorite jeans. :smile: This may not be the case for all but for me- looking at myself naked only furthers my slum and makes me run for the snacks. (I use food as medicine lol)
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Volunteer at an old folks residence, care facility, etc. and have a hard look at the effects of NOT looking after yourself. sure there are seniors that have managed their physical well being their entire lives, but there are far more that haven't enjoyed that level of personal well being. As we age we begin to lose muscle mass and that loss accelerates rapidly past the age of 50... with that loss... we will also lose our mobility, we get tired quicker, eventually we will only have the endurance and strength to travel very short distances... then what? then by the age of 60 or so you will have trouble opening jars or operating a can opener... then it's into the human warehouse that you just volunteered for... All that can be avoided IF you only had the foresight to exercise and eat right.

• TheHungryHorsie
    TheHungryHorsie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Was going through that for a long while. Hard when you move to a new country and no one you know and hardly anyone in the area works out lol but what really got me up and motivated was following a free daily video program off bodybuilding.com hard at first but after 3 weeks of commitment and consistency it just becomes a habit!
  • SarahLawman
    SarahLawman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It always seems pretty hard to motivate yourself. I know I had a hard time at first, but then I found something on a website and I reached my goal 3 weeks later :D! All it takes is a little push, and some step by step instructions! Heres the website btw http://healthyeatingrecipe.com/?p=10
  • BreannaB823
    BreannaB823 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Once you get past 3 days of eating healthy you'll get so used to it. It just becomes the ordinary
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

Exactly what works for me

• girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was really mean to myself about it ...told myself horrible things and bullied myself to keep going. It worked. :smiley:

Now I kind of feel like a god because I have so much control over my weight now. :lol:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Once I started, seeing the number drop and my clothes getting looser motivated me even more. It was such a struggle before mfp, but I dropped the weight quickly when logging. Once I got to a "normal" weight, seeing the extra jiggle just made me work even harder!
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Divorce, and some issues with degenerative joint disease. Being skinny makes me look good, and makes staying active waaaaay easier.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    ^^^Yes, losing weight makes it easier on your joints! The more you do it, the easier it becomes:)