Hello from Iowa--trying again!! :-)

Options
druidkat7
druidkat7 Posts: 691 Member
Hey everyone! It's been a good while since I've been over here, and let's put it this way, my body has suffered for it. So, since this place helped me lose 17 lbs back in 2013, it's time I got back in the saddle! Just for the heck of it, I personalized one of the tickers, and made it public, so hopefully it will show up in my post. If it does, know that the picture of the guy in the ticker is NOT me. ;-)

I'm actually a female, but my biggest fitness inspiration is the phenomenal Ramin Karimloo, known best as 'Erik,' the Phantom of the Opera (my fave musical since high school! <3) as well as his taking a turn in "Les Miserables" as both Jean Valjean and Enjolras.

This guy...dear God! o_O <3 Not only does he have an out-of-this-world voice, his commitment to being physically fit is more than I could ask for in a role model from the realm of music, something about which I'm extremely passionate (much like Erik, le Fantome himself, actually). So, I saw fit to use part of a pic of Ramin in one of the tickers. I couldn't resist. ;-)

So, that's a tiny bit about me. I hope to get over here once a week at the very least. I have a larger weight reduction goal of about 100 lbs, but I figured it would be more reasonable to start off with 20, or else I might get too overwhelmed. I have an idea of workout music playlists that I will share with you at some point. Mind you, some of the lyrical inspiration WILL come from "Phantom" and its sequel "Love Never Dies" (yes, featuring the Divine Mr. Karimloo, mon Ange de la Musique), but some music will be from other sources that you might not have thought of. ;-) Hey, I'm a musician--I can't NOT work out with music that gets me fired up! :smiley:

Anyway, I had better get off here and get some writing work done--freelance writing to pay the bills, FTW! *giggles*

Laters,
Kat ^.^

Replies

• druidkat7
    Options
    Well, it doesn't look like the ticker showed up here, but you can see it on my profile.
  • druidkat7
    Options
    Weird...the ticker doesn't seem to be showing up. Well, you can see it on my profile, at least. :P
  • BreannaB823
    BreannaB823 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • druidkat7
    Options
    After finding out that MFP changed forum providers, I guess we all have to put the ticker in with the code they provide. *sighs* Wonder why they felt they had to change it up. :P Anyway...here is my ticker:

54576218.png

And here is the actual pic:

jfjofep1je6s.jpg

Yeah...this pic says it all for my fitness--and musical--inspiration!!! <3
  • kendrickmarisha
    kendrickmarisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a third timer here. I really need motivation.