Need a little boost (205 to 165 w/ pics)

Options
So, I've still got about 20 lbs until I'm at my final goal weight, but I decided to post some progress photos just to remind myself how far I've come. I've been a bit low on morale lately so I thought it might help.

I have no photos of me at 205, but this me at 180 lbs in 2013 (I went back up to 190 last december):
ktnetbsr2g5v.jpg

And at 165 last month:
gl6zd0yedvfb.jpg

Losing weight has truly helped me gain enormous amounts of confidence. I genuinely enjoy shopping and going out now, things I used to dread. To be honest though, my weight loss journey only kicked off once I started loving myself regardless of how I looked. Once I stopped obsessing, the pounds fell off a lot easier.

It's a hard journey, guys. But it's an attainable goal for all of us :smiley:

Replies

• jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, you are a beautiful person!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Well done.
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Very pretty and great progress!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You have a beautiful spirit!
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    First! NICE FISH! Where did you catch those and with what? And at night? Details please!

Second-you are amazing! 50 pounds! Do you realize that is 1/4 of your original body weight??? That's epic!

Third-you have gorgeous skin and I am green with envy!

• pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate it!! <3<3:blush:
  • pavingnewpaths
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    First! NICE FISH! Where did you catch those and with what? And at night? Details please!

Second-you are amazing! 50 pounds! Do you realize that is 1/4 of your original body weight??? That's epic!

Hahah thanks! I did catch them but that was actually my first and last time fishing :no_mouth:! We used worms as bait I believe, but as far as equipment, I have no clue. I was actually one inch away from winning the 100$ pool :-(

Also, thank you!! It is really exciting.

Aww, don't be! It was actually a benefit of eating healthier and a looot of management because I used to have a lot of acne and acne marks :+1:
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Ok, honestly? You look really fit in that first photo! And nice catch! The second one, at 165, you're gorgeous! You're SO CLOSE to your goal! Great job!! :smiley:
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options

Hahah thanks! I did catch them but that was actually my first and last time fishing :no_mouth:! We used worms as bait I believe, but as far as equipment, I have no clue. I was actually one inch away from winning the 100$ pool :-(

Aww, don't be! It was actually a benefit of eating healthier and a looot of management because I used to have a lot of acne and acne marks :+1:

I hear ya on the acne and scars but I am pretty set in my routine with my skin-which hasn't really a routine (allergic to EVERYTHING) but I have noticed a (small) improvement on my skin on my body since eating better. Face=damage has been done.

I fish often but in lakes (live in Michigan-do not live by a Great Lake but have fished in them a few times) and I have never snagged a fish that big. My suggestion is you keep that pic forever! Your skin looks nice in that one too and those are big fish to brag about!
  • kuksabs
    kuksabs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and you look beautiful!
  • pavingnewpaths
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Ok, honestly? You look really fit in that first photo! And nice catch! The second one, at 165, you're gorgeous! You're SO CLOSE to your goal! Great job!! :smiley:

Hehe, I was definitely not fit. I actually just found a photo that is probably a bit more revealing. Those baggy clothes hid a lot :p

d130laovjbx1.jpg

Thank you!! That's super sweet of you :blush:
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look fantastic!
  • pavingnewpaths
    edited July 2016
    Options

I hear ya on the acne and scars but I am pretty set in my routine with my skin-which hasn't really a routine (allergic to EVERYTHING) but I have noticed a (small) improvement on my skin on my body since eating better. Face=damage has been done.

I fish often but in lakes (live in Michigan-do not live by a Great Lake but have fished in them a few times) and I have never snagged a fish that big. My suggestion is you keep that pic forever! Your skin looks nice in that one too and those are big fish to brag about!

That's how I feel about my back and arms. But y'know, even seeing little improvements on that makes me feel better. After a while though, you're right, you sort of come to terms with it because in the grand scheme of things, bad skin really isn't that terrible.

I wish I had the opportunity to fish often, it was loads of fun when we went. I live in NYC though, so not much opportunity. Haha, I will definitely keep the photo! I don't even care about how I look, you're right, I just like showing off those fish ;)
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    you are doing great!
  • Katiex100
    Katiex100 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, Looking great! You are absolutely gorgeous, stunning smile!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wow-what great progress!! You look great!!
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and hard work....it really does show.

Sorry you are feeling a bit low, hope it passes soon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!