Hey im new, could really do with some motivation and support

Options
Hey

Hope everyone is well, i have never calorie counted before - always followed weight watchers so really could do with some help learning all the new bits!

Whats a typical days food for everyone?

Thanks in advance

Lou x:flowerforyou:

Replies

• zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    welcome, this site is great
    if you want a friend and motivation you can add me
  • mcgwnkrista
    Options
    Welcome! I typically try to stay under 1100-1200 depending on how much I work out I might intake 1300-1400 cal. I also try to stay low on my sodium and sugar intake with is HARDER for me than keeping under on calories. Feel free to add me :) and MFP is awesome, you'll love it.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • TammyLML
    TammyLML Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi Lou, feel free to add me, I'm always in the market for new friends! :smile:

A "typical" food day is going to vary greatly among folks here - some are overweight & out of shape (like myself!), some are athletes in training, some are just trying to make healthy choices. Age, activity level & body type are going to play a factor as well. I just changed my caloric intake from 1,570 to 1,820 because I was struggling very much at the lower number. (I lost weight but was hungry ALL the time & very grumpy, lol.) I'm 41, 5'11 and 241 lbs & if I were on a 1,200 calorie regimen right now I'd be in starvation mode.

The great thing about the MFP food diary is that you can see where your calories and nutrients are coming from and where you need improvement.

Welcome & good luck!

Cheers,
    Tammy :flowerforyou:
  • karenp84
    karenp84 Posts: 119
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm new here too and it seems like a really helpfull place so u'll be grand!